extended summary.

a hint of insight

The notion of euphoria or being consumed by euphoria was a concept that wasn't easy to simplify to a mere explanation; its form was complex with a source that held no permanence, its presence ephemeral so it was impressionable and malleable. However, it also proved to be metaphysical so did happiness really wield a form? Discussions between experts didn't bring any ease or reassurance to the fine definition and its elements. In fact, it only expanded the idea and in doing so, urging others to explore it further.

Like any other emotion, it was omnipresent in people's everyday lives and didn't seem to want to die down—it was a necessity to recovering from emotional distress; the negative feedback to dejection. In simple terms, happiness sourced from within and choosing to be happy. This came about through being delighted for those around us, making those around us happy or most importantly, making oneself happy for the sole purpose to implement it further on others.

That's where some of us got it wrong. Just like Kyrie.

Kyrie James didn't differentiate much from the ordinary young woman. She worked to round up income, cared for the people in her inner circle and held high standards and priorities for herself; even if it wasn't directly for herself. She also had a specific adult responsibility, despite not being wed to a man nor being in an active relationship. One occurred in the past though she chose to leave it in the dust. Or at least she wanted to.

Her lifestyle bred happiness for those around her—carrying out her job as an assistant to a sports agent meant she could help players to transfer to other clubs, travelling meant she could visit friends scattered across Europe. Her lifestyle catered happiness for her family—money meant she could provide for her family on exponential levels, even if it wasn't asked for. Then, there came the happiness Kyrie held for herself. . .

Ah, that's where she got it wrong.

I mean, of course, Kyrie held much happiness for herself more times than daily, though she failed to realise it was for everyone else, not for herself on her own terms. With her constant travelling, most of her time was spent baring happiness for others and as a result, there came the birth of her own. The same applied for family and friends; if they were experiencing bliss then she too would adopt it.

So this raised a few questions for Kyrie: how can I bring about my own euphoria that didn't spawn from someone else's? Where did mine originally root from?

So she back-tracked for a moment, instantly thinking back to her motherland.

The journey to search for the root of her euphoria was unknown to Kyrie, but it surely was an active exploration for lost feelings that had yet to be found.

Liverpool, she thought. That's where I'm gonna begin searching.

——

[ This isn't really a summary to be honest but we're just going to call it that for now.

Like for my other books, I plan to update this book weekly (preferably either Friday or Saturday but the day will probably change as we go).

Anyway, thoughts? ]