twelve.

narrow trust

16/02/21

On a lone afternoon, the Liverpool squad strayed away from Anfield and instead were away at Puskas Arena to play against RB Leipzig. The players drifted through every competition they played a part in; they weren't the best though they weren't falling flat of significant victory and triumph in their own rights, and this match seemed to be a clear example. The heavy rain created an overall sullen and dull atmosphere but it was nothing but vibrant smiles, cheers and hugs like a summer scenery for the players.

Sat in the stands were Wynter and her favoured player (currently, at least), CURTIS JONES. By the seventy-five minute mark, the players had conducted their respective roles on the pitch—with Curtis assisting Wynter's goal, which also happened to be Liverpool's initial goal of the match. The goal came through with relaxed ease and grace; a long pass from Curtis only for Wynter to need one touch to interest Liverpool's favours. Wynter and Curtis were slowly becoming an excelling duo in their division. Perhaps they couldn't level with Ronaldo and Gareth Bale just yet though there was no denying the praise given by respected commentators.

"What are you drawing, Winnie?" Curtis asked Wynter. His face scrunched up with clear confusion with the drawings that she scribbled on his hand. Both players had already made their mark on the pitch so they were free to do what they wanted without being told off while the time died down.

The french player had his hand stationed on her armrest so she could write on his hand properly. "I don't know," Wynter shrugged slightly before she let out a slight laugh, glancing up at her teammate. "Anything that comes to mind."

Curtis retracted his hand to inspect her works. He immediately let out a scoff. "So the first thing that came to mind is this?" He caved his hand in so the cameras couldn't catch sight of his inked palm. For the most part, random scribbles and twirls occupied Curtis' palm with only a single coherent statement in sight. Winnie > Curtis.

"Listen, there's a lot of things going on in my mind and that was the most appropriate thing I could write so there you go," she said before she gasped softly, carefully grasping his wrist. "Wait, let me write something else. Okay, I know you'll get this right. If you don't then I'll be disappointed beyond words."

Once she finished writing on his palm and Curtis retracted it back to read it, he soon noticed a date that Wynter wrote. 05-01-20. Instantly, he understood the meaning behind the date. Not only was it meaningful to him, but it also held much significance for Wynter too. A touch of smile washed over his facial features as he turned to glance at Wynter. "How could I forget? It's the date that I got my first senior goal and it was you're first time winning as a Liverpool captain."

Wynter nodded as her dimples dipped into her cheeks. "Exactly. I knew you wouldn't disappoint. Alright, I don't want to get you in trouble so take your hand back, I guess," she said as she placed her pen in her jacket pocket.

"You sure you're okay now?" Curtis asked with cautious worry, his face falling flat of visible euphoria from prior. His teammate hadn't been doodling on his hand simply for the amusement that came with it. The doodling contained Wynter's nerves from going apeshit in front of everyone.

Wynter let out a deep exhale before she nodded slowly, adjusting her neckwarmer correctly. "I think I'll be fine by the end of the match. . . only a few minutes left anyway."

"If you're positive, but just in case." Curtis held out his hand again. Not to doodle on but to hold onto. Wynter accepted the offer with ease and thanked him by squeezing his hand. Just then, Trent ran past as he drifted along the right-wing towards RB Leipzig's goals. "Uh, Trent asked about you during half-time but you guys were in the same room. . . Is everything okay between you two or?" Still being semi-new to the first team, Curtis wasn't oblivious to Wynter and Trent's, I guess, incompatible moments. I mean it wasn't something that they attempted to conceal from those at Liverpool. Everyone at the club have seen the pair at their personalised worst and best and so, they remained unfiltered in front of their teammates.