ten.

collective agreement

The energy floating over Liverpool was faint, soft and light. Clouds were distance from the surface; rain was absent from the skies to the empty puddles; vivid colour schemes meant that day was crossing over with dusk. All of this created an ideal set-up for a complete session of strict focus and concentration in all fields of work. And for someone in her cyclical field of work, this was heavily essential for Kyrie.

Only problem was Kyrie could neither focus nor concentrate.

Sat by her dining table she rubbed a finger over her eyebrow, nodding absently at the words voiced by her boss. For a moment and a few Kyrie was homebound for work. There was no need for her to drift towards neither a stadium nor a training grounds so she remained at home in humble solace, grace and minor solitude while working from home. Well, the solitude was a bit strained on Kyrie's behalf. Time off work meant that she could have Junior under her roof until he was to head back to his father's home part-time.

Being homebound had its positive aspects—heavy time with Junior was Kyrie's favourite one. Work was split into hours, breaks were subjective to her likings and the idea of a strict schedule was simply unreal. This granted Kyrie more mother-son time with Junior which she appreciated because there was so much lost time that needed to be recovered.

Claire stretched her words as she wrote in her journal. ". . . I think the best route to take is you'll go to Germany and Camille goes to Italy to get everything done quicker. I'll go to France since I've things to handle with Reed anyways. How does that sound, Kyrie?" Claire explained before glancing up from her detailed journal. Noticing her assistant in a soft daze, she cocked her head to the side as she dropped her pen. "Kyrie?"

Soon she drifted out of her daze, shaking her head a bit. "Oh, uh, I think that sounds great, Claire," Kyire cleared her thought as her hand strayed along her neck. The assistant glanced down at her journal almost to zone back into focus. She nodded before speaking with greater clarity. "It fits well with my schedule."

From the far end of the table came a faint cough. Kyrie rotated her head for her eyes to land on Wynter, her eyes rolling back. She sat in front of her laptop with headphones on but Kyrie knew that Wynter was listening to nothing but her conversation with Claire. The hood of her hoodie was pulled over her hair, but Kyrie knew it was only to conceal her slightest of facial expressions; she believed her actions were subtle and ingenious, but Kyrie knew the french player too well to the point where she could interpret her non-verbal reactions. In other words, Wynter understood that Kyrie's focus was no longer on work, but instead on someone.

Claires sighed slowly, fatigue present in her tone. She too noticed Wynter's non-verbal comment though she ignored it for a moment. "Do you need a break, Kyrie?" she asked. "You sound a bit out of it."

Kyrie frowned, quickly shaking her head. Her meeting with Claire only started less than an hour ago so she didn't want to make it seem as if she was lethargic, slow and inactive—especially since she had been at home for the last while. "No. I'm fine, really. I just had a long weekend that's all."

"She wasn't alone, you know," Wynter said as she glanced up from her laptop, her lips curving up. With the screenshot Chanelle had taken of Kyrie and Marcus paired up it wasn't long before everyone else caught notice of the two. She sat up properly as her enthusiasm elevated suddenly. "I don't want to assume anything but—"

"Hiver," Claire spoke with authority, causing Wynter to huff as she crossed her arms. She turned to her daughter with with strict look as her parental aspects were on full display. "Shouldn't you be working? You have deadlines to meet."

"I'm on my break," Wynter explained as she removed her headphones off her ears, allowing them to dangle from her neck. She gave a half shrug. "Besides, the meeting with Nimco and Harper isn't for like an hour so I'm good to chill." Despite her relaxed stance in front of everyone, Wynter was indeed occupied and active currently with football affairs. Her upcoming project with Nimco and Harper was still in the works since days after the sleepover. It was a tiring and extensive process but with her connections in football, she hoped agreements could be made sooner than expected.