273 - 274

Xie Mansion.

By the time Singtan arrived at the mansion, it was already past ten thirty.

" Ming is inside her bedroom." Father Xie said who was sitting in the living reading some doc.u.ments.

" Father I-"

Father Xie smiled and said," You don't have to explain anything to me Singtan. I understand your feelings very well and I am happy that you care about my daughter so much. Why don't you go inside and talk to Ming?"

Li Singtan nodded his head and left.

.....

Ming's room.

When Li Singtan entered the room, Xie Ming was standing in front of the window crossing both her hands in front of her.

Picking up the quilt from the bed, Li Singtan wrapped it around her and said," You should wear thick clothes and why aren't you sleeping?"

" I wasn't feeling sleepy." Xie Ming said.

" Can't fall asleep without me?" Li Singtan asked.

Xie Ming slowly nodded her head.

Wrapping his arms around her, Li Singtan placed his head in her shoulder and said," Ming do you know selfish you are? You are just thinking about yourself and our baby but who will think about me? It was so easy for you to say that you don't care if anything happens to you but what do you think will happen to me if something happens to you? Do you think that I'll be able to survive without you?"

Pausing for a while, Li Singtan said," I know I was wrong for taking such a big decision all by myself but that was the only thing I could think of at that very moment. Honestly speaking Ming losing the baby is not a big deal for me. We can always have one in the future. Even if we don't there are several other options which we can opt for but if I lose you, I'll lose myself. You are my life, my strength, my weakness, my everything. I cannot even imagine my life without you."

Turning around, Xie Ming buried her head in his chest and started crying.

Wrapping his arms around her, Li Singtan said," I know you want to have this baby. I too want it but not at the stake of losing you. I am ready to spend the rest of my life without having a child of my own but not without you."

" I am sorry and did not mean to hurt you. I-" Ming said.

Li Singtan chuckled and said," Silly it's not your fault either. We both acted impulsively."

" I will do as you say." Xie Ming said lifting her head up.

Wiping her tears away, Li Singtan said," Let's give it a shot. Let's not give up so easily. I'll always be there for you and I believe that we will pass this difficult phase together."

" Really?" Xie Ming asked.

Kissing the tip of her nose, Li Singtan said," Really but you've listen to me and eat whatever I feed you with."

Hugging him tightly, Xie Ming said," I am sorry Singtan. I seriously did not realise that it is difficult for you too. I am sorry."

" Yes you even said that you don't need me."

" I am sorry."

" You even said that both of you don't need me."

" I am sorry."

" You also said that there is no difference between me and Chen Siquan."

" I am sorry."

" You even called me heartless."