𝚇𝚇𝙸𝙸. 𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚞𝚗𝚊

Start from the beginning

"This is not for us to decide, Miss Malfoy. For a reason, Miss Delacour finds you important and you're her treasure. But I might add that the Champions do not know this," said Dumbledore and walked around the room. "Now, we are going to put you under a spell which you will stay under until you've been rescued from the Black Lake. Do know that you are safe no matter what."

Violetta stared at Dumbledore with wide eyes; there was no way she was going to do this. Sure, at the beginning of the school year she wanted to participate in the Tournament and wanted some danger to her so protected life but this wasn't it.

Besides, she didn't trust Dumbledore.

"No no. You are not going to put me under a spell and drop me into the Black Lake," said Violetta, breaking the moment of silence. "And what Professor McGonagall said is true, my parents will absolutely start a war, or sue you or something."

"Because they are---" started Ron again but stopped mid-sentence when Violetta shot him a deathly look.

"At least they'll have the money to sue this school," said Violetta smugly before turning to Snape who has been silent the whole time. "You know this won't end well."

Snape merely nodded.

Violetta sighed and ran her fingers through her hair. "Well, it is your funeral," she said coolly, although she wasn't as calm as she liked to pretend.

She walked over to the three other treasures/victims/hostages ― whatever you preferred to call them. She watched as Dumbledore took out his wand and slowly backed further from the four students in the room. Dumbledore seemed calm and composed while McGonagall kept fidgeting and Snape tried to avoid any eye contact with his honorary goddaughter.

Violetta knew she ought to be worried for her safety but the only thing overcoming her worry was what her family was going to think when they find out that the reason she was in danger was that she's somehow important to Fleur Delacour.

She wondered if this decision was made already a while ago or was it new ― did the kiss have anything to do with it?

With this thought flying around in her head, Violetta watched the Headmaster take out his wand and pointed it at her before everything around her went dark and she could no longer think of anything or anyone.

══════ • ❀ • ══════

As her eyes started to flutter, the light around her was too bright to take in. She shut her eyes close again and gently moved her head from one side to another. She felt strange and the softness under her head didn't match the circumstance she was in. There was no way there was a pillow anywhere near the Black Lake.

She opened her eyes completely and ignored the painful brightness the room illuminated. She pushed herself to sit and panic rose within her. She was in her own room, at the manor. Being home wasn't what caused her panic but how she had got there. The last thing she remembered was being bewitched by Dumbledore before she was sent to the bottom of a lake.

"Oh young mistress!" Violetta's personal house-elf Feeby squealed and jumped down from the chair she was sitting on.

Violetta frowned at Feeby's reaction ― she had no idea what was happening around her.

"Young mistress is awake!" She cried now, clapping her hands together but the clapping of her tiny hands were outrun by approaching footsteps.

The nearly closed door flew open, revealing a very tired face of her mother's and anxious one of her father's.