𝙻𝚅𝙸. 𝚖𝚒𝚣𝚙𝚊𝚑

══════ • ❀ • ══════

april 1997

══════ • ❀ • ══════

══════ • ❀ • ══════

"𝚖𝚒𝚣𝚙𝚊𝚑" 

𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚋𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚗 𝚙𝚎𝚘𝚙𝚕𝚎 𝚎𝚜𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚜𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚋𝚢 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚛 𝚍𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚑

Honesty was something Violetta wasn't too familiar with. She was never taught to lie but it was something that came naturally to her. Her mother had many times reminded her that lying wasn't good and that she should never lie to her parents ― but she also said that lying was a necessity in life that one must learn at some point in their life.

Besides lying, Violetta knew how to hide things.

But what she hated was when people hide things from her.

Regulus Black's secrets were no exception and Violetta started to think that her godfather had done it just to mess with her head. She was half Black after all and madness ran in her family.

So she must have been mad to go back to 12 Grimmauld Place but she did that anyway. She had nearly begged Fleur to stay at home ― Violetta was worried about letting Fleur to enter 12 Grimmauld Place. It wasn't because she didn't want her there but because she was worried how the house would react. Luckily for Violetta, Fleur agreed to stay behind.

Violetta knew that Walburga's portrait was still hanging from a wall at 12 Grimmauld and while Violetta was lucky enough the last time to avoid Walburga ― she wasn't so sure about it now. Violetta's relationship with her great-aunt had been a good one but she was disowned now and in a relationship with a woman. If Walburga would still be alive, this would kill her.

Violetta didn't even bother to try getting into 12 Grimmauld Place the usual way ― she took Sirius Black's route which was good considering that when she got into the house, she thought she had seen a ghost of.

"What the hell," muttered Violetta but she wasn't really surprised because she was at 12 Grimmauld Place after all ― the place had a wall on the stairs which was decorated with a row of shrunken heads.

A lovely tradition Elladora Black had started when the house-elves became too old to hold a tea tray.

Before heading to Regulus' room, Violetta sneaked into the kitchen and took a bottle of wine from great-uncle Orion's collection. She thought that if she was to find out what happened to her ― she should be under some influence of alcohol in case the truth was ugly.