♾|19

|Hyunjin|

I am such an idiot!

If I'm honest, I'm just extremely confused!

Seungmin doesn't deserve any of this at all and I just keep making him feel like an annoying stupid mutt.

He was not the problem, I was.

For some reason it pisses me off that this Misa apparently has a place in his heart and dumps me for this girl.

Irritated, I sat down next to Minho in my seat and crossed my arms, snorting.
"What's wrong with you?" wide-eyed, my best friend eyed me and I just looked forward dumbly.

I really didn't want to talk to anyone at the moment and just bottle up my frustration.

Sometimes I could really smack myself. Why do I always have to ruin everything?

Seungmin and I were on the road to recovery and then I have to throw all these stupid things at him that I didn't even mean.

Seungmin was right - I'm just a stupid ferret.

Sighing heavily I let my head land on the table and looked to my right where I saw nothing but the bare white wall.

Suddenly, I noticed a warm hand on my back and looked into Minho's brown eyes.
"Seungmin?"

As if he had read my mind he could directly make out where my behavior was coming from and I looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"Whenever you're like this it's because of him." he answered my unspoken question and I straightened up again.
"I totally fucked up." I pressed out with a loud gasp and leaned further into the chair, my gaze directed up at the ceiling.

"Then why don't you fix it?" Minho asked and I looked at him with a horrified expression on my face.
"Well, I don't think I can fix anything there." I sighed and Minho started laughing.
"Nothing is so broken that you can't fix it."

He wasn't wrong with that sentence.

But how should I face Seungmin now?

How can I explain to him why I'm like this? All because of this girl?

He'll think I'm jealous...

When the bell rang for the beginning of class, Seungmin came in with Felix. As expected Seungmin didn't give me a glance and sat down directly at his seat.

I continued to stare at the back turned towards me and had to think whether I could really make up for everything.

During the break I went directly in search of Seungmin who had disappeared directly from the room. Although I had asked Felix where he had gone he didn't know exactly where he was going either.

So I walked haphazardly through the corridors and suddenly felt someone running into my chest.
"Watch it!" I heard a voice cursing underneath me and had to start laughing when I saw who was underneath me.
"Little brother..." I held out my hand to him and he looked at me in wonder for a moment.
"It's you." he took my hand and I pulled him back up on both feet.
"Why are you rushing around here so haphazardly?" he meanwhile patted the dirt off his clothes and then looked at me with raised eyebrows.
"Um..." somewhat embarrassed, I scratched the back of my neck and then looked down at the ground.
"Have you seen Seungmin by any chance?" I lifted my gaze again and Joengin looked at me questioningly.
"Why do you want to know?" A grin played around his lips and I fake aimed at him.
"I just need to check something with him." I explained and he nodded understandably.
"He was at the movie club just a minute ago. Maybe he's still there." Joengin pointed to the direction of the club room and without another word I left.

Jeongin shouted something after me but I was already too far away to understand.

Arriving at the club room I stopped in front of the door and felt my heart beating louder against my chest.

I was so nervous and didn't even know why. Surely an apology shouldn't scare me like that?

Taking a deep breath I put my hand around the door handle and slowly pushed it down.
Carefully I opened the door and when I entered my little smile disappeared.

In front of me sat only Minho and Jisoo who were apparently watching the footage.
"Hyunjin?" Minho noticed my presence and looked at me with raised eyebrows.
"Have you seen Seungmin?" I looked around the room and then looked back at the two of them.
"He disappeared 5 minutes ago." explained Jisoo and I nodded understandably.

There was a short silence as I then said goodbye to the two of them and closed the door again.

With a heavy sigh, I turned back around and looked into my brother's familiar eyes.
"You scared me!" I put my hand over my heart which was pounding with shock and he just started laughing.
"The disappointed look on your face tells me you didn't find what you were looking for." He grinned stupidly at me and I gave him a gentle smack on the back of the head.
"Don't give me that stupid grin!" I hissed at him in annoyance and Joengin started laughing.

Since I couldn't find Seungmin anywhere, I decided to go back to the classroom.

Perplexed, I slumped down in the chair and pushed out my breath in annoyance.
"Maybe I'm just a failure after all."

My gaze wandered upward to the ceiling and I had no more idea what to do.
But when soft whispers suddenly lit up the room, I lowered my head and looked into the classroom.

Seungmin just came in and you could see a slightly bleeding graze on his temple and a blood encrusted nose.

I looked at the injured dog with wide eyes and I would have liked to get up and go to him but just then our teacher came into the room.

Minho also entered the room and I could see that he was also quite shocked by Seungmin's injury.
"Do you know what happened to him?" Minho whispered to me and then sat down in his seat next to me.

I just shook my head but deep inside I knew who it was.