♾|14

|Seungmin|

What?!" Felix looked at me with wide eyes when I told him about the embarrassing incident with Hyunjin yesterday.

After the little accident, tutoring was more than just awkward. The whole atmosphere was just extremely tense after that and I was glad when Hyunjin left then.

"I told you that you would get together." Felix said the same stupid thing he said yesterday and I scowled at him.
"How am I supposed to look him in the eye now..." sighing heavily, I dropped into my chair and looked up at the ceiling.

"You're making way too much drama out of this. It was just an accident..." the orange haired one shook his head laughing and I had to sigh again.

Actually, he was right. It was just a stupid accident and nothing to worry about now.
But unfortunately it gave me more thoughts than it should have.

After the break Felix and I went back to the classroom. There was no sign of Hyunjin.

"Where is Hyunjin?" confused, I turned to the empty seat that was next to Minho.

"I don't know. I saw him in the cafeteria earlier." Felix shrugged his shoulders and I turned back around.

At the exact moment I turned around, Hyunjin stepped into the room.

He looked in my direction for a moment and when our eyes met, he averted his gaze directly.

Did he seriously just ignore me?

Confused, I looked after him for a moment but then turned back around with an annoyed sigh.

Well, what did I expect. I was tutoring him but that didn't make us friends.
So he had every reason to avoid me at school and only talk to me when it was necessary.

But then why did his behavior piss me off so much?

The bell rang for the next lesson and our math teacher came in. We were immediately divided into two groups and as if fate would have it no other way, I had to work with Hyunjin.

Since he somehow didn't make any effort to come to me, I grabbed my chair and sat down across from him.
"Hey." I greeted the blond-haired ferret, who didn't even look at me.
"Hey..." he replied back, his gaze still fixed on his worksheet.

With a sigh, I grabbed my pen and started working on the assignments as well.

All the while, Hyunjin's gaze was fixed on his paper and he avoided any eye contact.

What's wrong with him?

"You're ignoring me..." it suddenly blurted out at me and Hyunjin now looked at me for the first time.
"I am?" his eyebrows went up and I felt anger going to my head.
"Yes, you do." I returned bitingly, crossing my arms in front of my chest.

Hyunjin didn't seem to want to say anything else and ignored me again. That arrogant jerk.

When the group broke up again, I went back to my seat without saying a word and dropped into the chair, annoyed.
"What's wrong with you?" Felix looked at me in astonished and I crossed my arms irritably.
"That stupid ferret is ignoring me!" I snorted and Felix turned to Hyunjin for a moment before turning back to me.
"Yeah, but that's nothing unusual." he stated and I was about to say something but closed my mouth again.

He was right. After all, we weren't friends and he could ignore me all he wanted. Still, it pissed me off.
Otherwise, wasn't he always bugging me or driving me up the wall and now all of a sudden I'm air for him?

For the rest of the school day, Hyunjin continued to avoid me and I stopped worrying about what had gotten into him all of a sudden.

When the bell rang for the end of school, I went straight to the back row to talk to Hyunjin. Ignore or not, I was still tutoring him after all.
"Hyunjin?" I stopped in front of the table where he was packing up his school supplies.
"Sorry, I can't today." before I could say anything else he put his backpack on and walked past me without another word.

A bit taken off guard, I looked after him and then turned my gaze to Minho, who just shrugged his shoulders.

He probably had no idea what was going on with him.