♾|11

|Hyunjin|

Actually, I didn't want to accept this mutt's help but did I have any other choice? If I want to dance, I have to get better at school and I just can't do that without Seungmin's help.

When I went back to Minho after the little talk with Seungmin he wanted to know directly what he wanted from me. I told him about the offer and he just looked at me completely surprised. I would never have thought by myself that my enemy would help me since elementary school days.

So the next day, after school, I made my way to the cafeteria that Seungmin had told me about. Back then, I went there quite often and I knew that Seungmin liked to spend his time studying there. Back then I even went there just to provoke him but I don't do that anymore. It's enough for me to get on his nerves at school.

Arriving at the cafeteria, I looked around for a brown-haired boy whom I could quickly spot in a corner by the window. There was already an empty glass and a full glass on the table.
"Hey mutt." I greeted the brown-haired boy and he looked up at me.
"You're late." He held his phone right in my face so I could take a look at the clock. Annoyed, I pushed the phone away from me and sat down across from him in an empty seat.
"Well, I'm here now." I reassured the belligerent dog but he just leaned into the chair with a snort.

"For me?" I reached for the full Ice Americano that was on the table and took a big gulp.
"Hey!" Seungmin tried to snatch the glass away from me but it was already too late.

"First you're late and now you're drinking my drink too." Horrified, Seungmin looked at me and I started laughing.
"Calm down." I patted him on the head like a dog to calm him down but that only made things worse.

"Stop it already..." admonished Seungmin, sighing heavily.
"So, what subjects do you need help in?" He looked at me with raised eyebrows and I considered for a moment.
"Math, English, and history. The rest are still in the yellow zone." I explained and he just looked at me skeptically.
"Grades are supposed to be in the green, not the yellow zone." He stated and I just shrugged my shoulders.

With an annoyed sigh, Seungmin rummaged his books out of his backpack and his notes.
"We'll take math first, then we'll tackle the other subjects." He suggested and I nodded in agreement.

When I glanced at his notes like this he was a pretty organized person. He wrote everything down in detail and marked the most important parts. Everything was structured and you had a very good overview.
"I have a math assignment here from another class. Solve the problems and then we'll see where it's stuck." He handed me the sheets of paper with the tasks on them and handed me a pencil.

As I worked on the assignments, Seungmin didn't take his eyes off me and analyzed my every move.

If I'm honest, it made me quite nervous. Did he have to stare like that?

"Done." I put the pen aside and handed Seungmin the completed sheets. He accepted them and read through them carefully. As soon as he started looking at the assignments, he looked up at me in disbelief.
"I knew you weren't that good at it, but this is already underground."

Embarrassed, I scratched the back of my neck and couldn't say anything back other than a small laugh.

"Well, you definitely understood the basic principle. Your problem is applying the right formulas and being strategic about it." He pushed the sheet in my direction so I could take a look at my mistakes, which he marked for me with a red pen.

Seungmin explained each step to me one by one, making a few notes in between to make sure I understood everything. I have to admit that he was pretty good at explaining.

So while he explained the tasks to me, I listened to him attentively.

"Now try again." he handed me a new sheet of assignments and then leaned back in his chair.

Immediately I started solving the tasks again, trying to apply everything Seungmin had explained to me in the last half hour.

"I'm done." I averted my eyes from my assignment sheet and looked at Seungmin, who was sleeping on the table with his arms folded.

Had he been asleep all this time?

Interested, I examined the peacefully sleeping puppy in front of me. His hair covered his face, so that only the tip of his nose could be seen. Carefully, I approached his forehead with my hand and lightly brushed his hair to the side with my fingertips. Now his sleeping face came into view and like yesterday he looked like a peaceful angel.

A small smile played around my lips as I saw him sleeping there in front of me and a warm feeling spread through me.

Surprised by the feeling, I pulled my hand away again and looked with widened eyes into the void.

Wait a minute?

Below me, Seungmin began to move and rubbed his eyes sleepily. He seemed to notice my expression and looked at me in confusion.
"Are you okay?"

Released from my trance, I shook my head and nodded.
"Everything's fine. Finished, by the way." I pushed my completed sheet toward him and he yawned.
"You should have woken me up." He muttered, looking over the assignments.

"But you looked so cute and peaceful." I grinned at him and Seungmin gave me a warning look. I raised my hands defensively and then leaned back in the chair.

"Better, but still not good." He shook his head and I looked at him in horror.

"But I did everything the way you showed me." I leaned forward and reached for the page to look at my mistakes.

"Yes, but you're still applying the formulas incorrectly. You need to look at the assignment carefully. If you use the wrong formula when your thinking was actually correct, the assignment is still wrong." He explained and I nodded mutely.

"Oh that's never going to work." Frustrated, I pushed the paper away from me and crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"It'll be fine. With me as your teacher, you won't fail." Seungmin proudly assured me. I'd like to have his confidence too.

"We should call it a day." Seungmin stowed his things back in his backpack and I nodded in agreement.
"Since we have our club activity tomorrow, we'll have to postpone studying there until evening. That's convenient for you, right?" Seungmin inquired and I nodded in response.

That's right, tomorrow I had to spend two hours at the movie club again....

Immediately, my mood went down and I sighed heavily.

"Well then, see you tomorrow." Seungmin said goodbye to me and I raised my hand in farewell.

I have to admit that it was quite a strange feeling to interact with him so peacefully. Normally it always ended in a fight when we were together - but this time it was different.

You really could thought we were normal schoolmates.