Chapter 96: The Second Task

Start from the beginning

We all fell into a comfortable silence as the night moved on and I started to dozing as leaned into Cedric's leg. At some point of time, I must have actually fallen asleep because I woke up sitting on Cedric's lap, curled in to his chest. I was about to close my eye and try to go back to sleep when I heard someone trying to get my attention.

"Elsa, I need to talk to you," the voice said.

"Tell who ever it is that I'm asleep," I mumbled in to Cedric's chest, making him laugh.

"It's Justin, you know he's not going to go away that easily," Cedric told me.

I sighed as I climbed off Cedric's lap, which then turned into a yawn as I stretched out after being curled up for so long. Just like Cedric said, Justin was standing behind him with a stupid grin on his face.

"Okay, I'm up. What is so important Justin?" I asked him.

"Professor Alden asked me to get you," he told me as a worried look crossed my face. "Oh, don't worry. He told me to tell you that nothing is wrong there was just something he need to talk to you about."

"I'll head up now then," I sighed, cursing my uncle for wanting to talk to be just as I was about to go to bed.

"I can escort you up to him," Justin said as he puffed up his chest like he was some hero for offering to walk with. "After all, I was the one he asked to get you."

"Yeah, probably because you were the only person around," Hamish muttered.

"Thank you for the offer but it's okay. I am an Avenger and more importantly at Hogwarts, a prefect, which means I won't get call out for being out of the dorms at night," I told him, deflating his ego.

"Yeah, I guess. Well, goodnight," he said, sounding like it was the end of the world.

"Okay, I have no idea how long I'll be with Professor Alden. So, I'm telling you know, don't stay up late stressing over what you might have to find," I told Cedric a kiss on the check before picking up my school robes and putting them on.

"I promise I won't. Now go see what Professor Alden wants," Cedric laughed.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure that he goes to bed. I know what Cedric's like when he's stressed," Hamish promised.

"Why do I suddenly feel ganged up on?" Cedric joked.

"Because you are. I'll see you tomorrow," I said as I waved to the boys and head out to see my uncle.

 I'll see you tomorrow," I said as I waved to the boys and head out to see my uncle