10-Waking Up

When Katharos began gaining consciousness, the only thing he could fell was the pain. He faintly remembered only being stabbed in the stomach, but he could feel dull, throbbing pain all over his body. He slowly opened his eyes, the small action alone left his body screaming with pain. His vision was blurry, but he could make out the room had black walls, which almost always classified it as Chaos' palace. He tried to turn his head but found out he couldn't. He did the only thing he could do--fall back asleep, ignoring the pain.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Line Break~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Katharos yet again woke, he significantly felt better, only his gut was in mild pain now. What was different that before was he could now hear voices, only very softly, not being able to understand what they were saying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Line Break~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet again and again, Katharos kept on waking up, his pain slowly diminishing and feeling better. What felt like the fiftieth time he woke up, Katharos could finally move with little pain, but his nerves were still numb. He opened his eyes groggily, turning his head to the side. He saw Chaos looking at him sadly while holding his hand. Her eyes held a lot of tiredness, as if she hadn't slept for a long time, but she didn't have bags under her eyes. Her eyes grew wide when she noticed him turn his head. 

"You're awake!" She said excitedly standing up, not caring when the chair she was sitting on slid back with a loud scratch. 

"How long have I been out?" Katharos asks, his voice scratchy as if he hasn't used it in a while. He slowly starts sitting up on the bed he is on. 

"Wait! You are not supposed to be sitting up yet!" Chaos exclaims, rushing to his side to help him.

"I'm okay," Katharos lied, the pain in his gut throbbing slightly. From his new position, he could see the room was some kind of infirmary with hundreds of beds lining the walls, people who he guessed were nurses scuttling around the room to multiple people on beds. There were about a hundred people on the beds, their injuries ranging from fractured bones to stab wounds.

"Anyways," Chaos said, keeping a hand on his shoulder. "You have been out for about a month."

Katharos, shocked, just gaped at her. When he regained his bearings, he exclaimed "A month?! How on Earth does a stab wound make someone heal for a month?!" He just sat there gaping, trying to process the information.

Chaos grimly laughed. "Well the sword had a very powerful poison coated on it. It took your body this long to overcome it." Her eyes became tearing up. "I'm so glad you are okay." He stiffly reached up and comforted her with a hug, Chaos gladly returning it.

"Why are there so many people with wounds?" He asked, trying to distract her. "And what happened to Annabeth?" It worked, just not the way he had hoped it to be. 

Chaos moved so she was on the bed with him. She slowly pushed him down, forcing him to lay down. "While you were asleep, Order had attacked Earth. My army stopped him, but they were severely injured." Chaos said. "My scouts said he is going to attack later this week, but the army and the demigods are exhausted."

Katharos tried to sit up again, but she restrained him. "I can help in the next battle and with the planning," He said, struggling to get out of her grip, his nerves on fire.

"You are not even healed yet!" She exclaimed, trying twice as hard to prevent him from getting up. He was too weak to fight her. He desperately looked around the room, trying to figure out a reason he could help. His eyes landed on a gigantic bottle of water on the table next to his bed. An idea formed in his mind.

He stopped struggling. "How about you let me try healing myself with water, and if I am fully healed I can help," He said slowly, trying to convince her. "Besides, what happened to Annabeth?"

Chaos cautiously nodded. "Alright, only if you are fully healed." She relented, letting go of him. "We have not done anything to Annabeth, I decided that you could choose her punishment."

He weakly smiled. "It is okay, she does not need to be punished."

Chaos gaped at him. "She literally stabbed you with her sacred weapon that had one of the most  powerful poisons on it!" She said unbelievably.

He laughed. "Well when you put it that way, it sounds bad."

Chaos just shook her head unbelievably. "I can't believe you are joking about this," She said. "I would punish her since she hurt you, but since you don't want to, I will listen to you. This time."

Katharos paled. "Saying it that way sounds like I am going to get stabbed multiple times in the future. How about rewording it?" He suggested. 

She smiled innocently at him. "I have no idea what you are talking about."

He laughed and then stretched his full body out, his bones slightly popping. He took the bottle in his hand and straight out dumped it on himself, some of the water splashing on Chaos. He immediately felt better and stronger, the throbbing in his gut ceased. He lifted up his shirt to see a swathe of bandages. Taking them out one by one, his skin had fully healed back.

Chaos swatted his shoulder. "A little warning next time you do that!" She looked at his wound, or where it once was. "Wow. How did I forget that?"

Katharos grinned hopefully at her. "Does this mean I can help in the battle?" He asked.

She matched his grin. "Yup." She said, hugging him. "Just make sure you don't teleport into a blade next time." 

Katharos saluted and hopped off the bed, immediately crumpling to the ground. "Ow," He groaned. "My head."

Chaos guffawed. "You thought you could walk right after one month in bed?" She incredulously asked.

Katharos groaned again. "I completely forgot about that," This made Chaos laugh even harder. After she calmed down, she carefully lifted him back onto the bed, being cautious of the now swelling bump on his head.

"I think that concludes your adventures for today." Chaos said, again jumping to her spot next to him. He slowly put his head on her shoulder as a pillow, he being exhausted after doing what was an easy feat for him before, which was now strenuous. 

Katharos yawned. "I think so too," He said sleepily. Chaos threaded her fingers through his hair, the sensation sending shivers along his spine and comforting him to no end. He immediately fell asleep.

A/N-Hello readers, thank you for your support!!! This story will have about only one or two more chapters in it, and I will be making a new story with a male Chaos/Percy pairing in it. That book will not have any war in it, just small conflicts, focusing on a different storyline. Thank you all again and have a lovely afternoon!

-TheDarkGamer123