“Are you really okay? Are you having nightmares again? Where is your medicine?” Yasu asked, panicking when he saw her pale state. It was at this time that Naru noticed something wrong. Mai's breathing is still unstable and her face is very pale than usual. Naru cursed himself for not noticing and moved by her side to observe her.

“It i-is in my b-bag.” Mai answered while calming her breathe. Yasu found her bag and took some medicine in it and gave it to the young brunette. Mai immediately took the medicine and drank the water as Yasu check her temperature again. Mai quickly hid the medicine pack in her pocket as she smiled at them.

“What happened?” Ayako asked as she helped her wipe her sweat.

“N-nothing. I am just having a nightmare.” Mai answered as calmly as she could to avoid suspicions but Naru asked something that almost break her calm facade.

“Are you having frequent nightmares that you have to take medicine to calm down?”

‘Damn. He is really sharp. He must’ve seen the calming medicine a while ago.’ Mai cursed inside as she clenched the medicine pack in her pockets.

“Yes, indeed. But it is not so serious. Don’t worry about it.” Mai said as she forced herself to smile again.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

Mai never told the SPR and her friends about her cognitive dreams. Yasu is the only one who knew about it. Yasu's parents, who she had known for 3 years didn’t know about it. They just knew that she was diagnosed with some kind of illness and that her nightmares are extreme. Mai let out a bitter smile while Yasu patted her head.

“Then if you are okay, let us go back to work. Yasuhara, Lin and I will come back shortly so hold on for a little while until we are back. If you’re really uncomfortable, call me through the walkie-talkie you carried with you.” Naru instructed as he stood up straight.

“Okay. I am now feeling good so I can do some work.” Mai answered while she slowly rose from her seat.

Naru eyed her suspiciously as the others moved to leave. Mai assured them by smiling, especially Yasu who is looking at her with concern. Mai waved them goodbye and sat in front of the monitors. The SPR thought of the situation and really felt something wrong but they couldn't bare to interrogate the brunette while she's in that state.

-oOo-

Mai realized that she was in her dream again. Why is she dreaming so much today? She is in the hallway this time and it’s dark but she can still see the things around her. She felt peaceful this time.

“Mai.” She heard a voice and saw Mr. Guardian standing behind her. Mai sighed in relief and went to his side. He still wore his signature black clothes and gentle smile. He really looks like Naru.

“Mr. Guardian, did you call for me?” Mai asked reciprocating the former’s smile.

“No. You came here yourself. You should go back to your body.” Mr. Guardian answered her that made her stop.

“You mean I am currently in my astral state?” Mai asked looking at her glowing body. Mr. Guardian nodded and smiled at her. She was about to smile again when she felt an eerie ‘sssshhhh’ sound surround the area. It was like a warning whispering to her ear. It was so creepy that it sends chills on Mai’s back.

“Look. There are many spirits floating around.” Mr. Guardian point out as the place was filled with white lights and Mai noticed how she can see though walls like an x-ray. The building became an outline and she can see the people walking or sitting above and below them. Her surrounding looks like her dream last night. Some will-o-wisps or spirits float around the school and some move at a fast speed.