5.

"Aɴᴅ Wʜᴀᴛ Aʙᴏᴜᴛ Yᴏᴜ - Tʜᴇ Rᴇsᴛ Oғ Yᴏᴜ - Dɪᴅ Yᴏᴜ Nᴏᴛɪᴄᴇ Tʜᴇ Sᴄᴀʀs Yᴏᴜ Lᴇғᴛ Bᴇʜɪɴᴅ?
Nᴏ. Pʀᴏʙᴀʙʟʏ Nᴏᴛ.
Bᴇᴄᴀᴜsᴇ Mᴏsᴛ Oғ Tʜᴇᴍ Cᴀɴ'ᴛ Bᴇ Sᴇᴇɴ Wɪᴛʜ Tʜᴇ Nᴀᴋᴇᴅ Eʏᴇ."
𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑊ℎ𝑦
ʲᵃʸ ᵃˢʰᵉʳ
******************

Harry sat there, gently patting Hermione's back as she sobbed into his shoulder.

After crying for what felt like forever on Harry's shoulder, Hermione lifted her head, and Harry met her gaze. She sat there, wiping away her tears.

"Hermione, everything's okay. I'm here, and I won't let anyone hurt you," Harry assured her with a warm smile. Hermione managed a small, grateful smile in return, and Harry grinned back.

"Hey, is there something you want to talk about, Hermione? You know I'm always here for you," Harry asked, his concern evident.

Hermione shook her head in response.

"Alright, 'Mione. How about we head out?" Harry suggested.

"Okay, Harry, but I'm sorry for being so emotional," Hermione whispered.

Harry's voice softened, "Hermione, you're my best friend for a reason, and it's okay to cry and be sad sometimes. Just remember that I'm here for you," he said as he stood up.

Hermione didn't say anything, but her eyes held gratitude.

"Hermione, we really should get going. Mrs. Weasley will be wondering where we are," Harry gently reminded her.

Hermione nodded, and together they made their way toward the Burrow, knowing they had each other's backs.

__________

"So, guess what, guys? Minerva told me that once they spruce up Hogwarts, she's thinking about inviting all of you to finish your studies 'cause, you know, you missed out on seventh year," Mrs. Weasley casually dropped the bombshell during dinner.

You'd think Hermione would be over the moon, but she didn't exactly have that ecstatic look.

"I'm in, no doubt. Graduating from Hogwarts sounds great," Hermione said, Her demeanor appeared distant and preoccupied, with an underlying sense of restlessness, as if she were harboring a significant secret ready to be revealed.

Harry gave her a glance, then turned to Mrs. Weasley.

"I'm up for it too. Missed out on my seventh year, so why not?" Harry chimed in.

Ginny turned to Ron, asking, "What about you, Ron?"

"I was on the fence, but since both of you are in, I guess I'll tag along," Ron decided.

Mrs. Weasley reassured them, "I can't guarantee it, but Minerva's considering it. She'll keep me posted if it's a go."

Everyone at the table sat in somber silence. No one uttered a word. Hermione absentmindedly toyed with her food, her appetite seemingly absent. Without Fred and George, the Burrow had fallen into a perpetual hush. With Fred's permanent absence and George's self-imposed isolation, it seemed like the old lively atmosphere would never return.

All eyes turned to Hermione as she abruptly rose from her chair.

"Hey, Hermione, everything okay? Need something else to munch on? Your plate's hardly touched," Mrs. Weasley inquired, gesturing towards Hermione's mostly untouched meal.

Hermione appeared visibly tense.

"Nah, Mrs. Weasley, I'm good, just not that hungry," Hermione stammered. She discarded her food into the bin, washed her plate, placed it on the rack, and left without casting another glance at the table where the others were seated. Harry briefly contemplated following her, but Mrs. Weasley, too, abandoned her half-finished meal and followed Hermione.