𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"And now, I hear...a symphony"

Mikasa didn't hug him back

Mikasa didn't hug him back. She was too surprised to the point that she didn't know how to react. She pressed her lips into a fine line and laid her head on the crook of Eren's neck...yet not hugging him back.

➽───────────────❥

Eren finally pulled away from the "awkward" hug to see Mikasa silently crying. His eyes widen in shock and decided to cup her cheeks with his hands. "Mikasa, why are you crying?" He asked but she didn't say anything. He proceeded to wipe her tears with his thumb and planted a gentle smile on his face. She returned the kind gesture yet, sadly.

"I see clearly now." Eren suddenly spoke up, causing Mikasa to get startled at the sudden disruption of silence. "I wish to always stay by your side, Mikasa." He takes his hands off from her face and gently grabs her hands, squeezing them tightly, "I love you."

Her eyes widen with shock, tears silently gliding across her cheek. She pressed her lips into a fine line and gently wrapped her arms around Eren's neck - hugging him tightly.

➽───────────────❥

The night went on and Mikasa ended up staying in Eren's room. It was a peaceful and quiet night and Mikasa was just in his arms. She eventually falls asleep with a sweet soft smile painted across her face. Eren just stared at the sight of beauty he had in his arms and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. "Good night Mikasa."

➽───────────────❥

Carla decided to check Eren and Mikasa before she, herself would head off to bed. She gently knocked on Mikasa's door to earn no response at all. She clicked her tongue, "Where is she?" She walked towards Eren's door, somewhat enjoying the creeks of the floorboard, and knocked on Eren's door. "No response." She gently twisted the oddly cold metal doorknob to find Mikasa curled up in Eren's arms, peacefully sleeping. She watched as Eren slightly pulled Mikasa closer to him - have zero intentions of letting her go. "How cute." Carla whispered and proceeded to close the door shut.

➽───────────────❥

The sleep was quite deep. It was dark - pitch black. It was cold but, why was it cold? The feeling was quite odd. What was going on? He suddenly lost the feeling of touch. He couldn't feel Mikasa engulfed in his embrace anymore. Where did his arms go? Where did Mikasa go?

Suddenly, he regained everything. But, was he awake? The feeling of wood was felt on the palm of his hands. He was seated down with his head facing downwards on his lap. 

Someone was standing in front of him. 

It was Mikasa.

a/n

WE'RE NEAR THE END OF THE "A SIMPLE SONG" SERIES!! i'm super excited to end this book because i planned it to be really fucked up! so enjoy~