Chapter 95: The Yule Ball Part 2

Start from the beginning

Eventually that magical little bubble burst as Professor Dumbledore walked on to the dance floor holding Professor McGonagall's hand and started to dance as the crowd applauded them. Slowly more people started to join those of us on the dance floor and the attention on the champions and their partners faded. Which I was happy about but from the looks of things I wasn't the only one judging from the way Harry kept stumbling over his feet, much to Parvati's distaste.

"Poor Harry, he so awkward over there," I said as Cedric spun me around so he could see Harry for himself.

"Poor kid, he really doesn't deserve the death glare he's getting from Parvati," Cedric agreed.

"Yeah, I know. She should just be happy she's not dancing with Thor; he is not the most graceful person in the world," I laughed.

"He doesn't seem like he would be and I'm assuming you are talk your talking from experience."

"Sadly, I don't know how but somehow I always end up dancing with him at family events. It's a good thing that I'm half super solider and heal quickly with how many times he has stepped on my feet."

It was then that I saw Henry, he was dancing with Able who was a sixth year Ravenclaw. Then it suddenly made sense about why he didn't want to tell anyone who his date was, he was scared that we would judge him because it was another guy. Which he didn't have to worry about at all, we all love Henry for who he was not who he loved. When I pointed it out to Cedric, he looked as happy as I felt, seeing Henry dancing happily with Able. When we finally managed to get Henry's attention, we both smiled and waved. I also gave him a thumbs up and mothed he's cute, to Henry while Able wasn't look, making Henry smile and blush. From that moment on, I knew that Henry wouldn't have a problem in telling us anything anymore.

Soon enough the music stopped as it was announced that dinner was ready to be served and the champions were directed to the head table at the end of the room. Cedric pulled my seat out for me to sit down while Harry quickly sat down on the other side of me, wanting to sit with someone he knew. Parvati glared at Harry she pulled her own chair, angry that he didn't do the same as Cedric and Viktor who had just pulled Hermione's chair out for her.

"You alright, Harry?" I asked him, grabbing hold of his hand under the table and squeezing it to let him know I was there for him.

"Yeah, it's just a little..." Harry said, trailing off trying to find the right word.

"Overwhelming?" I offered.

"Overwhelming is definitely the right word for it," Harry laughed, finally relaxing a bit.

"Don't worry, the worst of it is over," Cedric assured him.

"Elsa, you looked to at ease with all the attention and everything. It was almost like you were royalty or something," Parvati said trying to sound sincere but I knew she was trying to dig for something she could probably spread for gossip. Her and Lavender Brown were known for spreading rumors which made me wish that Harry had taken Padma, who was more interested in studying, instead.

"Oh, you know, Stark Industry galas and stuff like that. It's just part of growing up as the daughter of an Avenger," I lied smoothly, not giving away the truth of my comfort.

"Oh, right. I forgot," Parvati said in a dejected voice, upset that she didn't get any good gossip to spread.

"Harry, Elsa, Cedric! So good to see all of you!" a familiar voice said as they sat down at the table.

"Percy? What are you doing here?" I asked the man who had to be my least favorite Weasley.

"I've been promoted," he said smugly has he puffed out his chest. "I'm now Mr. Crouch's personal assistant and I'm here representing him."