He didn't want to come to live here in Miami when I proposed it to him and it was understandable, I was never a father figure to him. Every month I pass him a pension so he doesn't have a bad time. Only a couple of times have I been able to see it. The first time it was me, by the time his mother died. And the second time he came, he met the family, but there were his frictions.

What I'm going to is that, I lost the opportunity to have him in my life when I was little, I did not know of his existence until he was almost older. I missed his first steps, his first words, I couldn't teach him to ride a bike or play football.

I know how difficult it will be for you from now on, and I honestly don't want you to go through it alone. You have Clara, Lolo, Taylor, Chris and me. You have us at the Jauregui and we will support you in everything we can. You and your baby deserve to be happy, to be well.

Camila, now you are part of the family, I consider you as another more daughter. So please, I beg of you, accept our support.

With love,

Mike

As soon as I finished reading I realized that my cheeks are full of tears. Why couldn't my father be like this? Why did they have to be so good to me? Why? So many questions in my head and none had an answer. I fold the paper and hug my chest, lower my hand to my abdomen.

"Everything is fine, my love," I whispered through tears.

Wait a few minutes before getting out of the car. My cheeks were still wet from my tears. A pair of green eyes looked at me with concern.

"Are you okay? You feel bad?" She stood in front of me.

I didn't control myself and I really didn't want to, I just got carried away. I hugged her. I put my arms around her waist and I hugged her body, sobbing slightly from the feeling of feeling protected with her, with her family. I sobbed because I reconfirmed that Lauren Jauregui was my personal angel.

She tensed for a moment in surprise, but it didn't take long for her hug to reciprocate, she ran her hands down my back to calm my sobs. I was filled with peace again.

"Thank you," I whispered against her chest.

"Why?" She did not understand anything. I separate my face from her body and look into her eyes.

"For helping me that night, for giving me a roof, for introducing me to your family" I smiled "for being my guardian angel."

Notice how it was her turn to blush.

Her eyes twinkled for a moment in which she gave me a shy smile as she lowered her face and let her hair fall to cover the red of her cheeks. Instinctively I brought my hand to her face to tuck a strand behind her ear so I could see her again.

I don't know what happened to me when I was with her, but it was too good.

"So ..." I swallow dry "Ready for the date?" She smiled sideways.

"I think so" we parted. She reaches out her hand asking for mine and without hesitation I took it.

I needed her support because the nerves were coming back to me. With greater intensity. Each step towards the hospital was a beat of my heart that beat behind my ears. The closer we got, my breathing got rough. I was beginning to believe that I was going to have an anxiety attack.

We stopped right outside the door of the large hospital. I felt a slight squeeze on my hand, I turned to see her. She gave me a sideways smile again, I took a deep breath and blew out all the air as quickly as possible. Ok, let's do it.