Chapter 06 | The janitor is far from innocent.

WHAT DOES SOMEONE DO WHENEVER they feel like their best friend is lying to them or at least keeping a secret from them? I understand that people have their secrets that they just wanna keep to themselves, but Kalle? She's never had a secret that I...

WHAT DOES SOMEONE DO WHENEVER they feel like their best friend is lying to them or at least keeping a secret from them? I understand that people have their secrets that they just wanna keep to themselves, but Kalle? She's never had a secret that I don't know of.

From the day she and I became best friends, she would gradually tell me everything. If she was Meredith, I would be her Cristina. I've known everything.

Every crush...

"Ugh, it was perfect, HE was perfect, Kay!"

Her eyes were shining with love as she described the guy she had just gone to the movies with. It had only been her fourth month here in Riverside and she had already captured the hearts of many of the boys.

It didn't take us too long to become friends and it didn't take me long to somehow become one of those captured boys.

"I'm glad he treated you good, Kals," I say, trying to be excited.

Every heartbreak...

I looked up from my phone, hearing the door open and close very quickly. There she was, the girl that captured my eyes the moment I saw her but I barely captured hers. I looked at her, concerned as I saw tears glisten in her beautiful, sorrowful grays.

"I'm such a dumbass," she cries while I quickly stand up and take her into my arms. "I guess I can add getting cheated on to the list of my heartbreaks."

"We'll make him pay, Kalle. I promise."

Every parental struggle...

"I suppose we've reached the point of our friendship that I can tell you about my parents," she begins.

We were currently at Donut's Delights, stuffing down...well...donuts down our throats because of our hangovers. For 8 AM, she looked gorgeous as ever with her hair in a messy bun and my red and white checkered hoodie protecting her from the cold that slipped through the doors of the shop.

"Woah, take me out to dinner first," I tease and she laughs one of my favorite sounds.

"Very funny. But seriously, my parents. Amanda and Oliver Grey. The most intimidating people you could ever meet and I apologize in advance if they do something dumb when OH? It's not an if? when you meet them. If I can't be enough for them, I have no idea what they'll think of me having a boy as my best friend." She looks somber as she says that last sentence so I do the only thing I know what to do in situations like this and get up off my seat and hug her.

She hugs me back swiftly which just enhances my smile.

Everything.

Of course, I was curious about things, like the house that she lives in since best friends are most likely to visit each other's houses or her childhood home but I decided not to push on those things because those things won't really help me keep her as my best friend.