Chapter 11 : Wassup?

Leo's POV

Leo had not expected to befriend a group of pirates, or fall for one as quickly as he'd fallen for Calypso, but hey, shit happens, don't it?

He'd finally come to terms with being around pirates and quite enjoyed their company, then, the navy decided to drop in.

"Do we run?" Leo asked, confused as to what they were supposed to do.

"If we do, they'll just follow us all the way to Atlantis, and then we have to kill them." Percy replied, insinuating a no. "Is it Octavian?"

"Why is that important?" Annabeth asked.

"Because, if it is Octavian, that means that Miranda will be easier to get to for Katie and Travis." Piper answered for Percy.

"It isn't Octavian. It's Dakota and Gwen." Nico said.

For some reason, the pirates groaned.

"Did it have to be the two redcoats we actually kinda like?" Thalia exclaimed, throwing her head back in frustration.

Leo wondered how they could like redcoats, but, then again, Thalia had been dating Reyna for longer than he had been in the navy.

"We don't have a choice. Time to go to work." Will sighed.

Leo's eyes flicked from their usual resting point of Calypso over to Thalia, who got up, her facial expression completely changing within moments.

Gone was the smiling, teasing and laughing friend, and was replaced by the regal, no nonsense pirate captain.

"Jackson, how long until contact?" Thalia asked as she got to her feet.

Percy closed his eyes for a moment. "If we slow down, maybe five minutes, if we don't, it'll be around ten."

"Nico, did they see you leave the crow's nest?" Thalia continued questioning her crew.

"I don't think they did. I shadow traveled out and directly in front of the door. There's no way they could've seen me." Nico responded quickly.

"Good. Jackson, don't slow the ship, Piper find a suitable hiding spot for our new friends here, Will, ready the memory drugs, the rest of us, I have a plan," Thalia ordered, pulling handcuffs out of her back pocket. "And it involves these."

Behind Thalia, Leo noticed Reyna's lips curl into a smirk.

It was a weird thing to see.

In his year on the ship, he'd never seen Reyna smirk, and she rarely ever smiled. He'd heard her laugh about twice, and there weren't much more chuckles. It was almost as if humour didn't exist for her.

But in the few days he'd been on the pirate ship, Reyna almost constantly wore a smile, chuckled and laughed as if she was in the middle of a comedy show.

The quick transition was stunning and also scary, as he wondered whether he had ever really truly known his old captain.

"I thought you only used those in bed with me?" Reyna snarked, looking from the handcuffs to Thalia.

From across the table, Piper spat out the water she was drinking, hitting Leo right in the face and causing Calypso to burst out in laughter.

"FOR FUCKS SAKE!" Thalia's voice silenced the room. Leo had never seen someone stop laughing so instantaneously.

He was in awe at how Thalia led the ship. They acted like a mismatched and slightly crazy family, but, as soon as it got real, Thalia seemed to switch gears and everyone obeyed her order to the point where Leo was sure they would jump of a cliff if she told them to.