Chapter 8 : Intros

Reyna's POV

Reyna had hoped that the meeting of the two crews would go over more smoothly, but it had gone better than she'd expected, much better.

Sure, a few harsh words had been exchanged and Nico would probably have killed Frank when Hazel mentioned their relationship, had it not been for Will, but she was expecting at least a few thrown hands and attempted fights.

She was thankful none of her crew had decided to get physical, because, as much as she loved her crew, she knew they stood absolutely no chance against the pirates.

Reyna had seen her crew fight, and, compared to the pirates, especially Percy and Thalia, they were total amateurs, even though they were arguably the best redcoat crew out on the seas.

After seeing Percy and Annabeth's interaction from the crow's nest with Thalia, Reyna was sure that those two would soon become inseparable, which she knew would be good for both of them.

Reyna was also sure that Leo and Piper would get along very well, along with Percy as well, and that Nico would be overprotective as all hell of Hazel.

She wasn't sure how the others would mesh though, especially Calypso. Reyna knew Calypso had issues with redcoats, and it would take some serious convincing and a lot of time for her to get along with the new arrivals.

Thalia shifting on her lap pulled Reyna out of her thoughts and back into reality, where she was sat at the desk in Thalia's room, writing a story.

She wasn't quite sure why she wrote, because Thalia was the only person who ever read the stories, thought that was due to the fact that she was the only one who knew about them.

Perhaps it was simply just the ability to do whatever she wanted and to escape from reality every once in a while.

Thalia sometimes commented about how she thought authors were control freaks with god complexes, because they could control anything and everything that happened in their story.

Reyna continued writing for a few more moments as Thalia continued to nuzzle her face into Reyna's neck, until there was a knock at the door.

"Come in!" Thalia and Reyna called simultaneously, though Reyna was probably the only one that was heard as Thalia's sounded more like a mumble.

The door opened and Will came in, laughing at the way Thalia was wrapped around Reyna while she was sat at a desk. "I hate to interrupt... whatever this is, but your crew's waking up, so you might wanna get out here."

Thalia groaned. "Can't we just stay here?"

"Yeah, it's not like you're the most important person on this ship and you run the whole thing." Reyna heard Nico's sarcastic voice from just outside the door.

"Fuck off, di Angelo." Thalia muttered.

"Come on, Captain Clingy," Reyna said, getting up and carrying Thalia. "Let's go meet my crew properly."

"They're expecting this badass pirate captain and she's gonna make her grand entrance wrapped around and being carried by Reyna." Nico groaned. "Great."

"Don't tell me you're not this clingy when you and Will are alone." Reyna said.

"That's different, we're alone then." Nico replied.

"Ha, he didn't deny it!" Thalia exclaimed.

"Yeah, because William would've told you anyways." Nico shot back, though Reyna saw a blush creeping onto his cheeks.

Moments later, they arrived on the deck, with Reyna still carrying Thalia.

"Laugh and I kill you!" Thalia announced, though that was directed at her crew.