Wings

The next day was a whirlwind of emotions. Namjoon had headed back to Wolf Woods, shifting into a beautiful silver wolf, nudging me one last time before taking off. Yoongi had gone back t to the Inferno, the pit becoming fiercely alive from the fire had dropped into it. Jungkook returned to Departed Castle, a wry smile on his face as he said his goodbyes.

Taehyung returned to the Vacant River, knowing he had to make amends with the other sirens. He only said he hope they would have gotten over his indiscretion. Winking at me, I knew he would be all right. Jimin had returned to Fairy Grove, eager to test out his powers, knowing where he was supposed to be.

Hoseok had offered to drop Jin and I at Heavenly Rock, knowing the journey was a long one. After we said our farewells to the others, Jin and I climbed on Hoseok's back, the angel holding tightly to me, his face buried in my shoulder. After Hoseok landed a few hundred yards away, we said our final goodbyes and he rose into the sky, a glimmering figure of black and red.

As we approached Heavenly Rock, it seemed to glow from within with that same beautiful golden light that I had seen the first time. A figure was seated on top of the rock and I could sense the tension in Jin's frame as we approached. The figure rose in the air and dropped to the ground, his massive wings fluttering gently behind him before closing behind him. He was tall, almost as tall as Jin and appeared to be several years older, his black hair streaked with strands of silver that seemed to glitter in the moonlight. Like Jin, he was dressed all in white, a sash like Jin's but in a royal purple, was draped across his chest and over his shoulders. It was clear he was another angel and from the nervous way Jin looked at him, in could see it was one he knew. "Um... Gabriel? What... what are you doing here?" Jin's voice was nervous, soft and so unlike any other time I had heard it.

The angel named Gabriel snorted in a very non-angel like fashion and I couldn't help but step closer to Jin, taking his hand and trying to push down the irritation from the impolite angel. "I could ask you the same question." He gestured towards Jin's wings. "I see you saw the Dark Wizard. He helped you?"

"Clearly." I couldn't help the word that spilled so rudely from my lips. I quickly closed my mouth when the older angel turned his gaze to me.

"And you are?" Gabriel's voice turned soft as he spoke to me, his eyes filled with curiosity. The tone was so different from how he spoke to Jin that it threw me off balance for a moment.

"This... this is Y/N." Jin took my hand, lacing our fingers together. "She... helped me with the Dark Wizard. She asked... pleaded with him to help me, to help others like me." Jin tugged my hand, pulling me closer to his side.

"You? You helped him?" The surprise in Gabriel's voice was obvious and it caused me to bristle.

"Why wouldn't I help him?" I tried to keep my voice calm, but this haughty angel was really starting to tick me off.

"You're a human." Gabriel shrugged his shoulders as though his response would explain everything and I wanted nothing more than to punch him in his angelic face.

"And you're pretty judgmental for an angel." I couldn't stop the words from spilling forth and Jin gently squeezed my hand, as though telling me to calm down. I knew getting angry with an angel was probably not the best thing to do, but the haughtiness of this angel was starting to grate on my nerves. He didn't know me. How dare he judge me based on the simple fact that I am human? What does he know about me?

Gabriel studied me for a moment then grinned. "I like this one Seokjin. Where did you find her?" I rolled my eyes at his question, but Jin turned to me, a sweet smile on his face.

"Actually Y/N found me. I... I came to her when she approached Heavenly Rock at the beginning of her journey. She... she has a pure soul." Jin looked down at me, his eyes swimming with an emotion I couldn't name, couldn't identify.