Chapter 24

The moon was high in the sky as we exited Wolf Woods and I was surprised at how quickly we had made it through the dark forest. Although it had taken several hours, it had gone by fairly quickly. Once we had dealt with the werewolves, the rest of the journey passed faster, probably due to the quick pace we had adopted. As we walked, I couldn't stop the feelings of guilt I had for the way I had treated Jimin.

The sweet fairy sensed my tension and turned to me, a smile on his face. "Stop worrying about it my darling. Most people make the same assumption. You're not the first and you're not going to be the last. It's quite alright."

I squeezed his hand, giving him a grateful smile for his understanding. Since the incident with the werewolves, Jimin had remained by my side, his bravery showing through once again. How could I have not seen it before?

Turning back to check on Jungkook, I released Jimin's hand and hurried over to him. His pale skin was paler than usual and the silver lines were more prominent than before. I realized it had been several hours since he had blood. The trek through Wolf Woods had taken longer than I expected.

Seeing the look on my face, Jin approached my side, prepared to pull me from Jungkook. "Do you have to continue doing this? I'm sure Fangs will be just fine," Hoseok said, his voice filled with worry. "It's getting harder each time for you to resist him."

Namjoon stared at us, a confused look in his eyes. "Just what exactly is going on?"

Jin sighed then waved a hand towards Jungkook. "Fangs over here was cursed. It will slowly kill him. Fresh blood from our girl here is helping to save him right now. Unfortunately each time he feeds from her, her desire for him increases it. We... we have to protect her."

Namjoon nodded in understanding. "Is that why she was begging him to turn her before?"

Taehyung stepped in this time. "Yeah. It gets worse each time," he explained.

Turning to Jungkook, Namjoon lifted an eyebrow. "Does it have to be human blood?"

Jungkook gave him a smirk. "Why? You volunteering to take her place Puppy?" Namjoon let out low growl and Jungkook snapped his teeth in return. "But yes. It has to be human blood."

I approached Jungkook and pulled down my collar, the move feeling so familiar. His dark eyes flashed red as he came closer. He ran his tongue along my neck and I could a snarl coming from Jimin. "Hurry it up Fangs," he snapped and I could hear the irritation coloring his voice.

Jungkook lifted his head from neck and gave Jungkook a smug smile before attaching his lips to my neck, kissing me softly before sinking his fangs in.

A feeling of desire washed over me and I never wanted anyone so much in my life. I would be willing to give him anything he wanted, be anything he wanted as long as he would let me stay with him forever.

Too soon, he Jungkook lifted his head and trained his beautiful eyes on me. The dark color drew me in and I forgot everything else around me. "Please," my voice was soft and filled with desperate pleas. "Please let me stay with you. I want to be with you."

Jungkook's eyes filled with what looked like anguish. "Oh my sweet doll. I wish I could. I would love to turn you and keep you by my side for eternity but we both know it's not what you want. Not really."

I didn't understand why he was rejecting me. I wanted him. I did. "I do want it. I want you."

Closing his eyes, Jungkook took a step back from me. "Wings. Please. Take her." I could hear the pain in his voice.

I felt myself pulled from Jungkook's chest and a pair of long arms wrapped around me. I turned in Jin's arms, the tears overtaking me. "Why doesn't he want me Jin?" I asked, my voice small.