~Chapter 17: Regret~

We are following Himiko for now!! Keep in mind the POVS have switched for now>:) ehehe...

-Author~Chan

A couple of days earlier...

Walking away from the meeting, Himiko bumped into someone. Someone very, very panicked.
"You're... you're that bully..!" She exclaimed, to which Kaito only sighed and winced. "What do you want? I'm sorry your wallet is missing, but that's not my fault! Now if you excuse me I- Nyeh?!"
Kaito grabbed on to her shoulder as she went to walk the other way, frantically trying to say something.
"Shut up! That's not why I'm here..!" He was out of breath, as if running away from something...
or someone.
"Y/N, she..." he took a couple of deep breaths. "The apartment building, it's a hideout..! I dint window why but, she was there... and..."
Himiko stared at him, eyes wide. Immediately, went went in the direction her of the address on her slip "Come on! We gotta help her! Lets go there right now! We're going to-"
"Shut up, you idiot!" Kaito was visibly shaking, which caught himiko off guard by leaps and bounds. "Listen! She fell through the stairs, people started swarming the building so I ran away! A-And when I came back there were no traces except for some dried blood! Whoever your fighting obviously has connections! And they're coming for me! They're gonna kill me!" He grabbed her shoulders, shaking her violently. "My friend is... it's useless! Forget about it! There coming for everyone who had a paper  slip, so forget about getting in the game! We're already fighting for our lives, so help me get out of here, damnit!" His head dropped to the floor, tears forming in his eyes. Himiko simply watched in horror.
"What we're youre conditions to get into the game..?" She asked. "Surely you had something to qualify for the game... mine was to manipulate y/n into auditioning for danganronpa, if I succeeded I could be in the game."
"Huh?" Kaito looked back at her, a relived yet twisted smile on his face. "So you were using her..." Himiko only looked down as Kaito continued to speak. "Mine was the same... and I was this close until..! Gh!"
"The stalker?" She finished for him.
"Yea... I don't know a lot about him, but he has connections he must've known somehow, or something! He came to my house, said I have three days before he starts his own killing game. He knows everyone with a slip, so help me get out of here!"
"Nyeh..." Himiko didn't know what to say, she was completely at a loss for words. "Why are you telling me this...?"
"It's- It's a manhunt. He's gonna kill us all. I know you talked with Y/N and Kokichi, so at the very least I can bring you with me..!"
"Why?!" She countered. "don't you hate them?! Why try and make up for it now?!"
"I regret it, okay?! I regret it all! The three of us... we were inseparable once... but my dad, he just... I wasn't allowed to be their friend anymore because he... he ruined it all! So I just, did as he said and I regret it! Are you happy with the sob story?! Cause pack your bags, we're getting outta here and-"
"I regret treating y/n bad too..." Himiko whispered. "I just used her but, she's my friend... I can't just abandon her! I cant go with you, not until I know for sure she's dead..."
"Gh! Suit it yourself, I'm getting on the next train out of here. I thought it would be easier if we could just pool our money together for now but if you have a death wish be my guest!"
Before anyone was able to say another word, it was Ryoma who suddenly appeared beside the girl, a blank face as always. He lit a cigarette before talking, taking out of puff for either dramatic affect or just because he felt like it.
"There's an underground system for the Yakuza, you know. That place is just one of the entrances."
"HUUUUUUH?"
"NYEH?!"
"What, I think it makes sense."
Kaito and Himiko both looked at him at a loss for words before the bully spoke up.
"How do you know that..?! I mean- it is what he said but-"
"I've been there a couple times, no biggie."
"What the fuck-"
"ANYWAYS" Ryoma continued, "if he's going after everyone for whatever reason, he knows someone or is connected to auditions. My guess he's doing this outta jealousy, but for what I don't know. That's my two cents, use it how you wish, later." He put up his hand as he walked away, leaving himiko to shout.
"H-HEY! That means he wants you dead too, you know! Shouldn't you be scared, or... uhm..."
"My cats pretty feisty."
He then went out of view, leaving himiko with her hand by her face as if she was about to say something. Kaito groaned and turned in the opposite direction of Ryoma, going his own way.
"What a freak. That ain't gonna help any, whatever. Try not to die I guess..."
"N-Nyeh?! You too?! So much information... too much for my head! It's rude to just leave me here without another word..!"
He stopped walking, look back at himiko, and opened his mouth for the last time.
"If you do manage to find either of them, tell them I'm sorry, alright?"
Himiko could only stand there in frustration before making her way back to her own house.

Two days after the encounter

"Moooom, I'm home."
Himiko took off her shoes, coming back from a long day of a school.
"Moooooooooooooom?"
As Himiko went to the table, she noticed a small sticky note on the fridge.
"Dental emergency? You could have at least texted me..." She pouted before going to her room.
Almost immediately, Himiko went into her closet to get some candies she hid in a box, but it was a lot heavier than usual... alarmingly heavy. Regardless, she put the box on her bed only to find something that definitely wasn't a food stash. Instead, she looked down in horror upon glancing the dismembered head of Kaito Momota.
She fell to the floor in a panic, clutching the school uniform where her heart would be. The lightheaded Himiko was thrown into hysterics so fast it took a couple of seconds to realize someone was standing in the doorway with a baseball bat. Curled into a small ball, she slowly lifted her head to see the figure.
"It's... it's you..!"
"Surprise!" Shuichi stared down with the biggest smile on his face, his grip on the baseball bat getting even tighter. "Thanks for helping me till now, you've been a great partner! Dont worry, your moms still at the dentist! Buh-bye now!"
"No... No! Stop! Pleas-"
A loud bash could be heard from outside the room.