~Chapter 14: Walk~

Hope the bonus chapter was a nice and confusing surprise! Hehe! I've been waiting for thissss >~< Were back to your POV btw !!

-author~chan

I wonder how many days it's been since I've been out of this room. There isn't even any windows, and the only contact I get from the outside is when Tojo-san drops off my food. Even then, she can't stay for long.
It may have only been a couple of hours since I was locked inside, I had no way to tell. No clock or no daylight, I was on the verge of insanity. But I suppose it isn't all bad. You get to notice the little things around you, like how there's security cameras not only in the bed room but pointing to the bath.
As for that key, by the time I awoke I couldn't find it anywhere. I thought it may have fallen into the sheets, but there was no luck. Given all the extra time on my hands, I searched every inch of the room. Tojo came in and changed my bedsheets pretty quickly that day. She's done that five times now. Every single time I got out of bed, she was there to change the sheets.
I would have said it was my clock, but I've been sleeping so much I don't even know how long I sleep for and how many hours. But every time, Tojo comes in with food, a change of clothes, and to take away the sheets. This time, it was a bit different though.
Instead of a pair of pyjamas, there was an outfit that looks like something belonging to the girl-next-door that would never hurt a fly. Collared white blouse, long navy skirt, white knee-high socks, a pair of black slip on shoes, and a scrunchie to top it off. When I looked up at Tojo for an explanation, she didnt even look me in the eye.
"If you need, I'll help you get ready after your bath." She sighed before opening the door to the unknown once again. "Please be ready in twenty minutes."
"B-But" I held the clothing in my hands. "I have no way of knowing the time..."
She looked back at me with a pitiful expression. "I know, I am only following his instructions." With that, she locked me back in.
...Ah. 'His.' Has he finally come to kill me?
I hope that's the case.

I sat on the edge of the bed, ready and waiting for whatever was in store. It was a weird feeling, everything has been so dull it's as if my emotions have been turned off by the flick of a switch. Hell, he's probably getting off to me from the cameras right this moment. It was that very moment when I heard a knock at the door. It was shuichi, holding a bouquet of roses. As I looked up at him, his whole face was red. With his expression, you would think he wasn't holding me hostage and in fact was just a silly teenage boy picking up someone to go on a date. He walked over to me, immediately holding me in a loving embrace, dropping the flowers on the bed before running his fingers though my hair and sniffing it. I couldn't- no, I was too afraid to say anything. It was then I started feeling tears run down my back, the tears of my kidnapper now on my skin.
"I missed you darling..." he mumbled. "You look so beautiful, a flower standing out of a decaying building, waiting to be picked by me."
My breath must have hitched cause he looked me in the eyes and cupped my cheek. His eyes were filled with an emotion I couldn't pinpoint. Anger? Guilt? Love? ...Lust?
"...we're the flowers not enough? Are you not happy to see me?" He said after inching closer and closer to my face. I closed my eyes tightly as he rubbed my arm and face.
"I-If you're here to kill me," I stammered. "Please, just... g-get it over with..." weird, when did I start crying?
Maybe I don't want to die.
I heard a chuckle as I opened my eyes once again, shuichi giving me a lighthearted smile.
"That really wouldn't make it a good first date, would it?" He took my hand and slowly opened the door, holding me tight as we slowly stepped out of the room. I was greeted with multiple men and women walking in a long hallway, all of them giving me and Saihara dirty looks. They obviously weren't fond of him, but they looked as though they could flick my head off with the flick of their finger. For that reason, and the fact there's not an exit or window in sight, I ended up clinging onto Saihara. I heard his breath hitch as I wrapped my arms around his one, he was getting excited... I dare not look down right now.
"This isn't so bad... is it my darling?" I looked back at his face, a wholesome expression on it. His emotions changed at the flick of the switch. "If you had only cooperated, we could have done this so much sooner..."
I gulped as I let go of his arm only for him to push me right back in by the waist.
"How long will we walk for..?" I muttered.
"Just to the end of the hall."
"Does it lead to the outside..?"
He smiled. "Somewhere a lot better."
I don't really know what would be better than some fresh air right now. Even if I was handcuffed to him, just to look at the sky and not these poorly lit up walls would be a gift from the afterlife.
We slowly approached the door, to which he opened and gestured for me to go in first. It was to dark to make out anything exact about the room, but I heard the click of the door followed by it being locked.

Shuichi grabbed a small lantern and gave it to me so I can see the contents inside.