~Chapter 8: 'MAGIC'~

WAAAA?!? 500 VIEWS??!!!?? THANK YOU ALL SM :DDDDD

Edit- 700?!!?!? Omggg !! I don't deserve u
guys TwT

Edit Edit- 800!!! You guys are the best!!! I'll try my best to make the story as good as possible !! >w<

-author~chan

-A week and a half ago-
"I'm sorry, you would like a what?" I stood at the secret entrance to the underground, a boy holding another boy that was blindfolded with his wrists tied. Though unable to see, he looked at his shoes while trembling. I looked back at the other one, unimpressed. "This isn't some sort of hotel. Do you realize who you're dealing with? Now if you excuse me, I have to get back to-"
"I'm looking to be scouted!" He said with a smile on his face. "I heard you are too! Dont you think the mafia helping a nobody like me holding a scout hostage just to prove a point could improve our chances..?" His smile was twisted, and I didn't know how he got that information, but this could be my only chance.
Without realizing, my hand turned into a fist as I scoffed. I looked back at the two and nodded slightly. "Very well, come with me."

-present-

the peice of paper that was slipped into my hand now laid on my dresser, next to the one yumeno gave me while on the bus. Unlike Himiko's, this one had no words on the back and instead a question mark. I didn't wanna look at it, Rantaro making a move on me was ingrained into my mind. I have someone else in my life, i didn't need his pitty. In reality I needed-

no, what am i thinking? He was my friend, nothing more. A friend i just happen to be risking my life for without the help of authorities. nothing more. It's just... even before all this, there couldn't be another reason right?
I sighed and flipped the piece of paper Amami-kun gave to me, focusing on the 'MAGIC' one for now. on it there were two numbers, both I couldn't recognize. I knew how Rantaro was connected to Kokichi's kidnapping, but Yumeno was a wild card. Her connection seemed more... personal? I picked up my phone regardless and called the first number on the page.

A cheerful, obviously stupid woman answered the phone immediately. "Hello! Who might this be? We never get calls! this is so nice!"
"HEY! Give that to me!"
I heard some wrestling around in the background before one final click.
"What..? you didn't tell me you have friends! ohh, this is so exciting! they should-"
"MOM."
I heard a giggle before the new holder of the phone groaned, finally I had the chance to say something.
"Yumeno..?"
"...I was hoping to keep that confidential, but yes." Though we couldn't see each other, i raised an eyebrow. She sighed. "Now that my covers blown, we should meet up somewhere. It's dangerous to talk over the phone."
"dangerous?" I asked.
"Yeah." She paused, "have you called the second number yet?"
"uhm, no... who's number is it?"
There was another long pause
"I dunno."
"WHAT?!"
"I dunno," she repeated. "I don't really get the meaning either, but Shuichi said to give this to you..."
I paused for a second, I received the same kind of note from Amami. Unless shuichi is connected to danganronpa somehow, the whole thing just isn't adding up. Could one- no, could both of them be lying to me?
"...Do you wanna be here when I do call?" I asked.
"Nyeh... I can help I guess..."
I could tell she wasn't really keen on helping me. "W-Well theres the addresses on here too. If it seems safe after the phone call, we can go to the place together. To hang out and stuff too..."
"Friends?" She repeated, shocked. There was a couple of seconds that ticked by after the question. "Fine, I'll help you! But you owe me huge! I'm not doing this because I want to..!"
I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Alright, thanks himiko. I'll talk to you again soon."
I hung up the phone and wrote down 'YUMENO' next to the first set of numbers and letters before circling it. Keeping track of who's who might come in handy later. Hesitantly, I called the other number.

....

..

Oh.

Sent to a custom voicemail.

"Find a booth, we can talk later."

I hung up as soon as the beep went off.

What exactly was that..?

...

..

Huh?
That was a woman's voice. Yumeno said she got this from shuichi, right? Just... what was he planning?

Or was Yumeno lying?

Stuck at a dead end, I knew it was too late to go out. I don't even know where I can find one of those anymore. Who needs a telephone booth this day and age? Either way, I went to bed. I really didn't get a lot of sleep that night. It didn't help that I found a voicemail on my phone while going to get up for a midnight snack.

I replayed the message at around 3a.m, all that was on it was what I could only assume is the clinking of a chain and someone hitting wood quite a few times. During so, I heard a muffled voice only to be cut off by the sound of a door creaking open. For the next five minutes, I could hear the muffled whispers turn into muffled... uhm... I couldn't really tell what exactly was going on at the other end. Eventually the door opened again, and it got quiet. But at least it didn't seem hostile.

The voicemail was about 35 minutes long.

What the actual fuck.

I swear to god if I become a protagonist of one of those murder mystery-girl power-saving the world singlehandedly-esc films I am going to shit myself.

All I wanted was some motherfucking crackers.