Chapter 16: Yours or Mine?

"I have pizza dough rising at home if you want to come over to make homemade pizza, or I can drop you off at your parents. No pressure, which ever you like" Asher says as we cross back into pack land. "You know me, I can't say no to pizza" I laugh, he knows that means I'll go over for his for dinner.

We drive to his and he hands me his house key, saying he'll be right behind me. I didn't go inside earlier today so I look around and turn on the lights. I take my shoes off, I hate wearing shoes in the house as I think it's dirty. I walk through the hallway and find the kitchen and see the pizza dough that has risen.

"Hey, I got something for you earlier" and hands me a heavy box and placed the bucket of strawberries that was on top of the box on the kitchen counter. I beam at him when I see he got me 6 different coloured slightly different shaped hand made ceramic mugs! I place the box on the counter and say thank you to him by wrapping my hands around his neck, getting on my tip toes and pecking him on the lips before blushing and stepping back from him. I whisper a thanks a little embarrassed about my sudden actions but Asher doesn't remove his hands from my waist and smiles down at me.

We roll out the dough getting flour everywhere, or clothes are so messy by now covered in strawberry stains and now flour. I really enjoy making dinner with him and am surprised by how comfortable he is in the kitchen. We keep the pizza simple and add tomato, oregano and some buffalo mozzarella and I've plucked some Basel from the garden which I spotted earlier today for once it's out of the oven.

He pours us two large glasses of red wine and makes us a platter of salami, three kinds of cheese and olives. He carries the wine glasses over to the couch and I follow him with the cheese board. I thought he would turn on the tv, that's what Sterling and I would do on our dates. Instead we sit on the couch and I see Asher relaxing into it.

It's really nice to see him relaxed at home, this morning and now here just the two of us. I know he gets pretty busy with the work of an Alpha and is often tense when you see him around the pack. We've only got 10 minutes before our pizza is ready and he suggests we get to know each other a little better.

I take a large sip of the red wine and it's amazing, I think he opened a nice bottle from his wine cellar for us. I ask him about his work and how it is going, he needs to visit a different pack next week who has asked him to take in the pack as they don't have a new Alpha to take over when theirs steps down. Mia howls in pain at the thought of him being gone for a few days and my eyebrows scrunch together.

"You are welcome to join me, Owen will be coming too. It wouldn't just be you and me if that makes you more comfortable with the idea of coming along. We could tag on a weekend away at the end of it if you would like?" Asher asks hopefully. "I'll think about it" I say before taking another sip of the red wine. I pick at the olives on the coffee table and he just watches me. Not in a weird way but in an admiring way.

"I need to check on the pack house in the morning, I like to go round on Sunday's. It can get pretty rowdy in there and a few newly 18 year olds have moved in. Have you thought about where you want to live now your 18?" he looks be straight in the eyes and I bite my lip. "Please, don't do that" he says pulling my bottom lip out from under me teeth with his thumb. "Why?" I ask, trying to get a reaction out of him.

"It makes me want to kiss you, but I want you to set the pace with us. So please, unless you want me to kiss you don't do that again!" he says kindly. I can't help myself, I lean in closer to him and bite my bottom lip again. "That's it" he says raising his hands in the air, before he can get up I take his hands and place them on my waste and lean in to kiss him. He takes this as me setting the pace and I allow his tongue entrance into my mouth as soon as his tongue pushes for it.

My hands are in his hair and I'm moving off the couch to try and straddle him, when the oven timer goes off. "Saved by the bell" Asher mumbles annoyed as I get up and run over to the kitchen. I get the pizza out and cut it up before placing it on Asher's large dining room table. Asher joins me and kisses me on the cheek before sitting opposite me and we enjoy the pizza and get talking about where I want to live now I'm 18.

"Well, Sterling and I wanted to move in with each other next week... but that's no longer going to happen. I guess I could move into the pack house, some of my girl friends moved in a few weeks ago. You know, the ones who haven't found their mate yet. My parents are happy for me to stay as long as I want or I could ask Owen if he wants a room mate" couldn't I have given him a simple answer?

"This house is also yours if you want it, I meant it earlier when I said what is mine is yours" Asher says but I don't know what to say to that. "I can give you the master bedroom and am happy to move into a guest room. Or we could talk to Owen about you moving in with him. I don't want you in the pack house with all the unmated guys" I can tell he wants to protect me, but move in with him? Now? I thought Sterling and I would live in together, not me and Asher.

"I need to think about that, that's a huge decision. Today was lovely and I want to continue seeing you but moving in, I just don't know", I say looking at my hands. He says he understands and we clean the kitchen together. He offers to walk me home as we have both had two glasses of wine.

Mia doesn't want to leave, I say Mia but I guess I don't either, I have really enjoyed this evening with Asher. Do I say something to him or do I let him walk me home?