Chapter 17 My bro Lucas

It's Sunday. We all go to the movie theatre to watch a movie. We eat popcorn and drink juice and even pick some strawberries on the way back to home from nearby farm. On reaching home, I dart to my room when suddenly I hear mom and dad calling me.

"Ava! We need to talk to you.." I hear mom say. "Coming!" I call back.

I go downstairs and sit down in front of mom and dad who are sitting on the dining table. I suddenly become nervous because it seemed like a serious talk was about to take place. "Ava..." my mom starts.

" Yes?" I ask nervously,
" You're um........ going to become a big sister..." Mom says.

After getting over my initial shock I finally find my voice to say something,"really?? that's awesome!!" I say, surprising them both.

"So you're excited?" Dad asks. "Of course I am! I'm going to become a big sister!!" I reply trying not to jump up and down. "Good" he says with a sigh, relief evident on his face. I hug both of them and run to my room.

I wonder what my sibling will look like. Will it be a boy or girl?? Will they play with me? Well, I guess I'll find out with time....

I sure am in for a ride.

Age 9

Today is the day. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. That's normal.. right?

Mom is at the hospital and in a few hours I'll have a baby brother. My mom says that they'll name him Lucas.

We've already painted his room blue and got him many toys. And to be honest I am jealous of him already. He gets all the types of toys and room colors that I wanted. And if I'm telling the truth, I've already considered giving him my room so that I get his.

Since they had to go to the hospital, they dropped me off at Jake's house where we played with his hot wheels. And guess what? My car won the race!

After a few hours dad comes to pick me up. I run to the car eagerly to see my brother. He's lying in my mother's hands wrapped in a blue blanket.

He's so cute! I can't wait for him to grow up. I have so much planned.

 I have so much planned

Age 11

This is so not fair! My parents won't even buy me a soccer ball! I have been asking them for the last 3 years! I mean, its just a ball for goodness sake! Sure, they buy me purses, dolls, lip gloss etc, but when I ask for a soccer ball it's like they can't even hear me.

This time I am going to ask my friend Jake to give me one on my birthday, then finally I'll be able to play soccer.

Plus, I guess this isn't the right time to mention that my brother got hot wheels for his second birthday. My brother got what I wanted.....It's not like I don't like to play with the things my parents get for me but what's wrong with me wanting to play with other things too!

Hopefully I'll finally get what I want. The only thing left is the long wait to my birthday when I'll get the ball (that is, if Jake remembers.. )...

Age 12

I finally got my soccer ball!

Remind me to thank Jake a more than a million times! He is the best! Mom and dad did give me a disapproving look when I opened Jake's present but it isn't like they'll ask Jake to take it back!

Since it's my first ball (maybe last) I plan to keep it with me forever. It's lucky for me.
Now, maybe I have a chance at soccer. The only thing is, we can join the soccer team in 8th grade so I still have one year to go.
Just one year! I can't wait..

This takes place one year before the first chapter, that is, before she moved.

PLEASE NOTE
The real story continues from the next chapter.

*smiles cheekily*
Stay tuned!