08 | Encrypted

Comincia dall'inizio

"Ah Dakota isn't it? Please come sit." After closing the door behind me he sat back behind his desk and watched as I sat directly in front of him.

"Well this is just going to be a brief introduction to the Lawrence Academy." He starts taking out a file from his desk flipping through the white pages highlighted with neon yellow. Nodding he continues now looking up.

"So Lawrence Academy is a school built of my family's money, island, and estate. Here like you have probably seen we have a whole city around us, cafes, arcades, beaches, accettura. Seeing as though you are advanced and in multiple sports as well as came here on a scholarship I must say I am impressed. Takes a lot of effort to come her on a scholarship." Closing the file he hand in hand he puts it back in a drawer.

"Now you should have gotten a file and student ID card at the front desk."

"Yup, here it is." I say sliding it on top of the desk after taking it out of my luggage side pocket.

"Great. There you can see our policies, our point system for the Ivy college scholarship for seniors, as well as your class schedule. I do advise you look closely to all of its contents." He narrows his dark hazel eyes.

"Of course." I awkwardly clear my throat.

"Now housing, before I let you settle into the Academy. I have been informed you've been requested."

My heart stops. I swallow thickly. "Requested?" I barley pushed the word out of my mouth.

"Well yes, seeing as though a member has transferred housing, when asked if they had any request of another guest on such a short notice your name was said."

I clear my throat as professionally as possible. "Um- sir, if I could ask who exactly requested me?"

"That, well I'm not necessarily at liberty to say."

Seeing the uncertainty on my face he seemed to have continued. At least that is what I assumed when my heart finally began to beat at a normal pace enough for me to process his words.

"I've gotta say I'm surprised, Ms.Lakes. This is one of our most elite and experienced houses on campus. I greatly recommend you seize the opportunity not only for the sake of having some well experienced classmates at your disposal, I'm aware originally your scholarship did not include housing fees, but well since originally the transfer roommate had signed a contract she would be paying for your stay, you free of charge-"

"Is that even legal?" I absently minded interrupt him.

"Under the clause of agreement she is obligated to to transfer since she had already signed. Besides she is very well of in her fortunes. Now the only question being Dakota, have you made a decision?"

It was a bickering battle in my head. Two questions trying to find the forefront of my mind.

'Can I live with this people for a whole year without being infected with feelings, or would I rather turn away from this all and never look back?'

Both so tempting that the dean had to prompt my answer as I thought. "Ms.Lakes?"

"Yes, I'll be housing in the Amigo's Academy House." The breath I couldn't even tell was trying to release escaped my tightening longs in relief.