Everybody Wants To Rule The World.

Song: Everybody Wants To Rule The World- Lorde

It's a commonly acknowledged fact that everyone wants to be extraordinary.

When I was little, I'd read books like Harry Potter and wish I were a wizard.

But as I laid on my back in the dirt, my entire body feeling like it was on fire, I made a different wish, all I wanted was to be normal.

Since it seems to work for the majority of writers, I'm going to start where all the best stories do, from the beginning.

I'm a daughter of Poseidon. There's no real way to sugar-coat it. Basically, the Greek gods are alive, kicking, and making children (surprise surprise).

I have two half-siblings, of which only one is human. There's Percy (human), and Tyson (cyclops).

I knew I was a demigod from the first moment I heard a story about Greek mythology. I saw myself in the heroes who fought for what they believed in, and I knew that it was my destiny to do the same.

Now I've told you about my father, but by now you surely must be wondering about my other parental figure.

Short answer: My mother was a wreck. She loved Poseidon with all of her fragile heart. So when he left, as gods always do, she broke.

Her coping mechanism was men. Endless streams of them, normally for no more than a couple of weeks at a time. But that's enough about them.

Now don't be mistaken here, I may have felt bad for her, but I also hated her with every inch of my being. Somehow I could never bring myself to leave, though. Somehow I still loved her at the same time.

Instead, I hid. From the satyrs and monsters that began looking for me after my tenth birthday. From my mother's boyfriends when they had a little too much to drink.

When I was fifteen, my mother overdosed and died. I couldn't save her, although I don't think she would've wanted me to.

After that I let myself be found by a group of satyrs, and they brought me to Camp Half-Blood, a safe haven for demigods.

It was there I met my first brother, Percy Jackson. He and his girlfriend, Annabeth, got me through all of my hard days. I wouldn't be writing this if not for them.

He's also the chosen one, fated to either save the world or destroy it. So that's fun... I guess. He has a prophecy about him and everything, which he only found out about a year after I arrived.

It goes,

"A half-blood of the eldest gods

Shall reach sixteen against all odds

And see the world in endless sleep

The hero's soul, cursed blade shall reap

A single choice shall end his days

Olympus to preserve or raze"

It sounds dramatic, but in reality, it terrified everyone. Kronos, the Titan Lord, had woken up from a millennia-long sleep and was trying to get revenge on the gods.

Honestly, I'd have swapped him, he gets my life and I get the eternal sleep.

Anyway, Percy was fated to be the turning point in the war. Which way it turned was up to him.

The fate of the entire world rested on his shoulders.

But at least I would be there to help him, right?

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

24 hours earlier

To my right, Percy shouted orders at the demigods surrounding us. The Battle of Manhattan was raging, and everywhere I looked chaos reigned.