He's drunk

Edward stumbled drunkenly through the crowd towards Umber. 

"Hey." Umber said nervously, catching him. 

"Hiii." mumbled Edward. 

"Are you alright?" 

"Nooo, I think I drinked too much." giggled the younger man, fiddling with his date's tie. 

"Ah. I see. Do you want me to take you up to bed?" asked Umber, propping him up. 

"I dunno. I'm kinda sleeeepy though." muttered Edward, wrapping his arms around the taller man's neck. 

"Yeah, I think we should." Umber said quietly, scooping him up, one of his arms under his knees, and other supporting his back. 

"Kay." said Edward quietly, burying his face in Umber's shoulder, arms still latched around his neck. The taller man sighed, and placed a small kiss to his head, and moved through the crowd carefully, and carried him out of the ballroom. Umber carried him up the stairs, and down the hall, into Edward's room. 

"There you go." he said quietly, putting his date carefully on the bed. "Goodnight." he whispered, turning to go, when a hand grabbed his. 

"Please can you stay?" muttered Edward, pulling Umber towards him. 

"N-no, I can't, I have to-" 

"Just for tonight?" pleaded the smaller man, his eyes already half-closed. Umber hesitated. 

"Ok." he sighed. Edward's eyes closed fully, a smile on his lips, as the taller man climbed in bed beside him. Umber sighed as he wrapped an arm around Edward's waist, burying his face in his hair. 

"Night." he whispered, closing his eyes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another blurb from the book I'm writing :)

Wordcount: 251