bela, bela, dressed in yella, went on a date to kill a fella - 5

"BELA!!" I heard Daniela scream, me being pulled from my thoughts by her raucous screaming. I could hear the echo of her shrieking from the hall. I raced after the voice, my need to protect them outweighing my own safety at the moment.

I ran down the halls, chasing after the voices. Daniela and Cassandra screamed, wailing loudly and I knew exactly what had happened.

I raced into the rooms, sliding between corridors and through doorways. I finally reached the dark room, it was unfamiliar to me. I immediately noticed the chill in the air, and the crunch of broken glass under my shoe.

The window to the left of me had been smashed open. The cool air riding up my spine and the nape of my neck.

Peering into the room, I saw Cassandra and Daniela on their knees in front of the grey statue sobbing. Bela was frozen in an attack position, her scythe raised high in the air.

"Bela! Bela! Bela!" Cassandra chanted, slamming her hand to the floor, and without much of a second thought, the youngest of the three Dimitrescu daughters had crumbled into ashes. The crumble and the banging of her scythe hitting the floor, frightening them both, the remaining sisters jumping back a bit.

Cassandra wailed even louder at the sight. While Daniela grabbed a handful of the ashes, angrily squeezing her palm around the crystalline. She jumped up in a haste, throwing them back down.

She did a small spin, and I caught a glimpse of her face. Her expression was a tight but determined grimace. She stared ahead as if she were growling, her eye makeup smudged and her mascara running down her tear stained cheeks.

With a small discarded sigh, she did a spin and disappeared into a cloud of flies.

I still had more questions about who I was, but right now wasn't the best time to ask.

Still noticing the room and its low temperature, I reached for the biggest covering that I could find in the room. I found a small blanket laid over one of the chairs. I picked up the black garment, holding the material in my fingers. I draped it over Cassandra's kneeling body, hoping to shield her from the cool wind still coming through.

When the blanket touched her shoulders, she flinched immediately turning to me.

She had a deranged look in her eyes, staring at me like I had just slapped her in her face. She snatched the blanket from herself, tossing it aside. She then grabbed for my wrist, scratching it with her nails roughly. I grimaced and stood still, letting her take her anger out on me.

She dug her nails in deeper, piercing through the skin, her clenching her teeth the entire time. It didn't hurt as much as it used to, it feeling more like a syringe needle than anything.

I wondered if it had anything to do with what Daniela told me.

I tried to make minimal noise, letting her have her moment. When she ripped her fingers from my skin, she immediately pressed her lips to the wound, sucking the blood. When she had her fill, she snatched back. Her lips, teeth and cheeks were stained with blood.

Without hesitation, and a deep resolve that I haven't felt for years, I raised my wrist to my own mouth, lapping everything she missed.

"Y/N?" Cassandra shakily spoke, trying to wipe her mouth.

I didn't respond, only trying to pry my wrist from my mouth. It was like there was something inside of me, trying to suck down more blood. I suckled more and more blood from my wrist, my teeth trying to dig into my skin and pull more from my veins.

My eyes involuntarily rolled back into my head as my teeth sunk into my wrist. It was like an oasis in a desert, the more I drank, the more I wanted.