-Chapter 24 part 2-The Teddy Bear

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

One night,
A dark king,
appeared and offered me,
his hand,
his heart and his kingdom.

-Unknown
✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

-Chapter 24 part 2-The teddy bear

-Mathilda: Point of view-

I was about to turn and leave him there when a strong pull in my heartstrings, stings every muscle in my hollow chest. Stopping me from even taking a single step forward.

I could be a cold heartless murderous bitch, but I'll never ever hurt a child or Let a child be hurt.

And if I leave this defenseless child here in danger, I wouldn't be able to sleep in peace at night knowing that I could have saved him from the angry fluff balls.

The guilt will eat at my little soul that I still have left inside me. I can't have that on my conscience for the rest of my life.

I can't let a little angel die like that... being torn into pieces by enormous wolves.

I make myself towards him ignoring all the voices in my head protesting... Just telling me to leave him behind, and concentrate on the important objective right now and that was... "Escaping out of here ".

Some even tried to take control over this body, but they weren't stronger than me. When determination takes over me nothing can stop me...

When I got close to him; he snapped his teary frightened eyes up to me. His blue eyes held worry and fear. I scooped down to his level; kneeling on my knees to appear smaller than him.

'"Where's your mommy? "I ask softly, like if I was talking to a frightened wet puppy.

He doesn't say a word, all he does is point his tiny finger to the two fluff balls- who were right now, clawing at each other and dodging each other's attacks (once in a while).

My eyes were back to the small blondie, who was crying softly as he didn't take his teary eyes off the fluff balls.

He believes one of those wolves is his mom's. I thought I was missed up in the head. But this little guy surpassed me in crazy.

"Look... Mommy is going to be fine. We must get out of here, Okay... "I can't believe, I lied to the poor thing, actually, agreeing to his crazy belief -that one of those fluff balls is his mommy.

This is going to hurt his little mind in the long run, but little pink pills will help him get over the trauma, sooner or later.

"But... Mommy looks bad." He glances back at the two wolves as more tears slide down his puffy rosy cheeks.

"Don't worry... She's going to be fine. She is stronger than she looks. " He gazes up at me, as he squeezed his red teddy bear more to his chest.

"She told me to take you somewhere safe, let's go before mommy gets mad, okay?"

"But..." He looks at the fluff balls then back at me.

"I promise, she'll be okay. I... pinky promise... " I stick out my pinky finger as he did the same, I wrap my finger around his and he did the same with mine.

He nodded without a second thought.

I carried him on my hip and started to run off into the other direction, away from the bloodthirsty vultures.