Homecoming

Y/n's pov

Homecoming night

-"Y/n, get out of the bathroom!" Peter was banging on the door.

-"It's just. Can't we just return this dress and buy an other one? It was really expensive and I feel like you're giving me charity."

-"Y/n, it's not charity. I've noticed all the chores you've been doing around the house. Take it as a gift." Nice, aunt May was outside the door with Peter.

I unlocked the door and opened it a little.

-"You look amazing." May looked at me with sparkly eyes.

Peter remained silent, looking me up and down. "Wow. But thanks for letting me in."

He closed the bathroom door behind him.

May took my hand and brought me in her room. She did my hair and make up. When she was done, I looked like a queen, or a princess.

The dress was f/c with different shades of f/c from the bottom to the top. The waist belt was pure white with golden accents. Over all, the dress looked and felt like smoke. It was so light and delicate. The color was making my e/c eyes pop out, and gave my cheeks a little bit of colour. My back was laced with delicate golden laces but a lot of skin was still showing and I realized that my scars were all gone. My ears were not pierced, therefore, I had no earrings on, but the necklace Jesse gave me a few weeks ago was resting on my collarbones. It was small and hardly noticeable, but to me, it was the most precious thing I had on.

My hair was half pulled up, allowing my curls to fall over my shoulders, but forbidding hair to fall in my face. To put my hair up, aunt May used a small golden pin. My hair fell over it, making it look like it was holding together by itself. My hair was already naturally curly so I didn't have to curl it (forget the sentence if it is not).

(I know nothing about make up so you can imagine that part yourself, sorry if you dont like the description of the dress, you can imagine an other one, sorry)

I glanced in Peter's room, where he was trying to get his tie on. He was nervous and struggling. I knocked and entered the room.

-"Need help Pete?"

-"No..."

He looked up, and his jaw dropped. I saw him look me up and down. I felt my face starting to burn and rubbed my arm.

-"Look, let me help you."

I walked up to him and started doing his tie. It only took a second, but it felt longer. I could feel his breath on my hands as he was looking down, watching my finger's every moves. Until I felt his breath on my nose, he was just a little taller than me. Okay, maybe a few inches more than me, but I was too scared to look up.

As soon as I was done, I gently patted his shoulder.

-"Good luck with Liz tonight."

He shook his head, I heard him mutter her name under her breath.

-"Y/n, Jesse is here!"

I gave one last smile to Peter and left the room.

Jesse was standing in the door, he looked extremely handsome, but not as much as Peter. He had a flower bouquet in his hands. He didn't say anything. It was silent in the room but yet, I felt as if I was in a loud room. I didn't even hear aunt May leave to help Peter.

I broke out in a small nervous laugh. "Close your mouth, you're gonna catch flies."

-"I can't believe it... You're just... wow."