~Chapter 36~

I braided my hair as night drew closer. I laced my boots over my pants and put my belt, with my sword and dagger, on. Lastly, I put on my cloak.

"I'm glad I'm not the only girl going on this." Susan said as she entered.

"Did they object to you too?" I asked.

"Yeah... What is Caspian like? You've known him longer than us... I don't know if I can judge his character."

"I've known him since he was born... Although he can be stubborn at times. He's kind... He'll make a great king."

Susan didn't say anything.

I looked at her.

"You're blushing."

She scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Susan, he couldn't stop looking at you."

"It doesn't mean anything."

"I said that when I met Peter." I said simply.

Susan rolled her eyes again as she left the room.

I followed her out into the main room where Caspian was talking with someone. He caught my eye and walked over shaking his head.

"Not you too." he said.

"What?" I glared.

"You're not coming." He said.

"Why not? I know how to carry a blade, I know how to fight..."

"But you can't."

"Caspian shut up. I'm going and there's nothing you can do to stop me, I already had this conversation with my husband." I rolled my eyes and brushed past him.

"But you're a girl."

I stopped in my tracks and turned back towards him.

"Susan's going... What does that have to do with anything?" I glared.

"You... Just don't take me as the fighting type."

I walked over to him, getting into his face. "My father was one of the best knights of Telmar in the early days... He taught me everything he knew. I'm married to one of the best swordsmen in Narnia. My brother in law is another and my son was trained since he could walk... And guess who was there with him during every single practice."

"Vy." I looked over my shoulder to Peter.

"I'm going... And there's nothing you or he can say to stop me." I said turning and walking over to Peter.

"I don't think you should go." Peter whispered resting his forearms on my shoulders.

I rolled my eyes.

"We are not going over this again! I just talked about this with Caspian." I mumbled.

"I just... have a bad feeling."

"I'm not sitting on the sidelines cause you have a bad feeling, Pete." I sighed. "If this is the last time I might see you I don't want our last conversation to be a fight."

"Don't say that." He whispered.

"Well then... all I'll say is, I love you." I said before he leaned down and kissed me.

~ ~ ~

I watched the ground as we flew through the air. The Gryphons were holding us in their talons. I looked over to Peter who was flying close to me. Edmund was already down in one of the towers giving the signal to the Narnian's to advance. Reepicheep and some of his other mouse friends were responsible for lowering the drawbridge.