~Chapter 35~

"It's only a matter of time. Miraz'men and war machines are on their way. That means those same men aren't protecting his castle." Peter said. We had a small group of us meeting in the stone table room. I had reunited with Lucy and Susan. I missed them all but, I didn't realize how much I had missed Peter. I was sitting next to Lucy on the stone table as Peter spoke.

"What do you propose we do, your majesty?" Reepicheep asked.

"We-" "Our-" Peter and Caspian started at the same time. Before Caspian held his hand out prompting Peter to continue.

"Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us."

"But that's crazy, no one has ever taken that castle." Caspian replied.

"There's always a first time."

"We'll have the element of surprise." Trumpkin said.

"But we have the advantage here." Caspian replied.

"If we dig in, we could probably hold them off indefinitely." Susan added.

"I, for one, feel safer underground." Trufflehunter grumbled.

Peter looked at Caspian. "Look, I appreciate what you've done here, but this isn't a fortress, it's a tomb."

"Yes, and if they're smart the Telmarines'll just starve us out." Edmund said.

"We could collect nuts!" Pattertwig said eagerly.

"Oh yes, and throw them at the Telmarines! ... Shut up!" Reepicheep grumbled. He turned to Peter. "I think you know where I stand on this, Sire."

Peter turned to Glenstorm. "If I get your troops in, can you handle the guards?"

"Or die trying, my liege." Glenstorm replied.

"That's what I'm worried about." Lucy said. I nodded agreeing.

"Sorry?" Peter asked.

"Well, you're all acting like there are only two options: Dying here, or dying there." Lucy replied.

"I'm not sure you've really been listening, Lu."

"No, you're not listening. Or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch, Peter?"

"I think we've waited for Aslan long enough." Peter said before turning and walking off. I gave Lucy's had a squeeze before chasing after him.

"What was that?" I asked, finding him in a spare room.

He turned towards me.

"She has no-"

"That wasn't right Peter."

"She needs to grow up a bit..."

"Peter." I whispered as I walked over to him and put my arm around his shoulder.

"You're going no matter what are you?" I asked.

He nodded. "It's the only way we can catch them off guard."

"Then I'm coming too." I said.

"No. You can't... I can't lose you." He said.

"But I can lose you again?" I demanded. I buried my head in his shoulder and held him tight.

"I just don't want the first time I see you again to be the last time." I whispered.

"I'll come back..." He lifted my chin. "I promise..."

I looked at him a moment before deciding, "And I'll be there too."

He shook his head again. "If something happens to us we need someone to lead the rest of them."

"If something happens to you there'll be no more army willing to fight." I said. "It has been twelve hundred years since I've had something to fight for... And now... that I have something, I'm not going to sit on the sidelines."

"You really want to do this?"

"All I've ever wanted was to fight by your side again." I said as Peter ran his fingers through my hair.

He smiled as he kissed me again.

"Well we better get ready." I whispered.

He nodded as he walked out of the room, stopping in the doorway before turning and kissing me again.

AN: Soooo stupid me published Chapter's 36 and 37 before this one *FP* So here's the missing chapter :P Hope you're enjoying. ~K