Not A Loss

The match began, each side already showing strong resolve. The ball bounced back an forth, points racking up, continuously racking up. 

Moments of Kageyama's strong serve, which mesmerized everyone, and the clear rivalry and respect between Oikawa and Kageyama (though Oikawa kept denying it). 

Tsukishima was taking his own time as well, watching things carefully and sharpening his senses for his blocks. He wasn't satisfied with it, at all. 

He believed his eyes, only what he could see, especially the spikers in front of him. 

'He's going to set to that spiker, it's the most logical option...' Tsukishima concentrated. 

But he felt Kageyama tug on his jersey, and paused a bit. Watching the raven's eyes, he followed it to another person. 

'Iwaizumi.'

He jumped up towards him, and successfully blocked the spike. He was jealous, but it was Kageyama, so he really couldn't say anything. 

"If they continue this way, Karasuno will win!" Kise cheered. 

"Hmm....we'll see about that." Seijuro said, knowing the outcome already. 

And so they continued to fight on and on, with no signs of a clear victor. When one team would gain the upper hand, the other would begin to take it. The trend only continued. 

But their stamina and strength weren't limitless. It was all a matter of who broke first. 

And on the court, it was Karasuno. 

They started to waver, and their glimpse of hope, the last little piece of what they held onto crumbled, until there was no more. 

And ultimately, they lost. 

Right?

"Come on guys... We can't be so down. We tried our best." But Daichi's words didn't stop the dropping tears from every teammate. 

Seijuro, Kuroko, and the others watched, but not in surprise, or even disappointment, but simply smiling at the fact that someone was going to die tonight. 

A joke, actually, but in all honesty, they weren't as dejected as they expected themselves to be. They were quite proud, knowing how Kageyama seemed to find his place. 

Karasuno left the courts, giving each other comfort, and yet, with smiles on their faces. 

=========

"Kuroo! Stop jumping!" Yaku scolded.

"But didn't you see how amazing Kage-Karasuno was? Even though they lost, it was pretty cool!" 

"Agreed." Kenma nodded his head, making Lev and Yamamoto jump. 

"A-are you serious?" Lev asked. 

"We should really call them someday! Or get them to hang out with us again!" Kuroo shook his best friend. 

"Mhm." Kenma smiled.