43: Far From A Hero

____________________

<Earlier That Day, 1:45AM>

Yuju sat at the bottomㅡ on the red and liquid floor,  glancing at the top of the pile of bull skulls where the King Of Curses sat boredly.

Nothing much of his innate domain had changed the last time she saw itㅡ which was more than a week agoㅡ though there was the chess set and uno cards she left behind, and some Megumi figuring in the eye sockets of some of the bull skulls(a failed attempt to hide them)... but other than that, everything else had remained the same.

She sighed, tipped her body back until she layed on her back before turning to her stomach and closing her eyes.

Sukuna had a habit of bringer Yuju to his domain time to time whenever she was asleepㅡ on most occasions when he was bored and wanted someone to talk to or play board games with. She didn't really mind to be honest, though this 'habit' of his started happened more after Hanabi came into the picture.

"You know everyone here is in trouble, right?"

She humed, thought for a moment about his words before shaking her head. "Are they?"

Sukuna narrowed his eyes at her, stared at her carefree and nonchalant figure, her back facing him as she kept her eyes close in an effortless attempt to take a nap.

He expected her to be on high alertㅡ like her reaction back at the USJ months priorㅡ but that didn't happen. But, of course, he failed to notice that behind all that nonchalance and seemingly unguarded posture, it hides and covers up all that cunningness, vigilance and intelligence in her.

What made her acting so much easier to fool him was the fact that he was always an observerㅡ watching everything unfold in the minds of his vessels. Never was he apart of that deciet. And since he never got to truly scrutinize or try to be in the shoes of people she lied to, it was difficult for him to justify her false acts when she does end up lying to him.

After all, lying has always been best believed when the liar is in front of the victim being lied to.

Yuju was genuinely worried for her classmates. Class 1-A is has slowly become her extended family, after all, and she would do almost anything to protect them.

"Don't worry." She assured with a hum, opened her eyes to look down at the watery floor that showed unwelcomed guests at the top of a mountain. Maybe she could joke about it later and act all suprised when they do make their grand entrance.

She chuckled and perked up one of her legs, excitement slowly brewing up within her as she imaged different scenarios of what would happen and what she would do. It's been awhile... curses were starting to get boring.

She tilted her head to the side, narrowing her eyes as a sickly mischevious smile crawled up to her lips. "I'm more powerful than you think."

And in that moment, Sukuna was unintentionally shown the other side of Yuju not many knewㅡ  a merciless, sociopathic and less heroic young girl.