15: First Place Burdens

_________________

_________________

Her heart only beats fast when she's pumped on adrenaline and determination, but never had Yuju's heart beat this fast to the point where she felt like it was trying to jump out of her ribcage and kill her. It was painful and scary.

She stares at Midoriya with wide eyes, wondering what would happen if she were in his place and gotten first. No doubt everyone would be after her and stare at her like she was the last piece of meat there is. Now she's  glad that she's in 4th. Yuju takes a shaky breath and looks away from the green haired boy who's the center of attention, eyeing him like predators. She honestly feels bad for him, but what can she do?

"First years! These are the rules that you'll abide by!" Looking up, Yuju pays close attention to both the screen and Midnight's speech, trying to cramp everything in her brain. "The game itself will last fifteen minutes. Individual point values will be added together to reach your team totals, everyone will know your team value thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as you can to raise your team score. Stolen headbands must be worn on the neck, so the more you steal, the harder it will be to manage them. Even if your headband has been stolen or your team falls down, you can still keep playing until the time is up! You may use your quirks as much as you'd like but making a team fall on purpose will give you a red card and be disqualified."

Finally given the time to form a team, Yuju merely stands in the same place while fixing her hair into a low ponytail as everyone walks around to look for teammates.

She already expected that not many(if not at all) would go up to her and ask to partner up with them, after all, her quirk isn't flashy which is what everyone wants and it functions best when she works solo, she's never trained her quirk to work with othersㅡ it's always against them. One of the cons of always training in 1v1.

So it was understandably a suprise for her when a handful of people came up to her and requested that she joins their team. Maybe it was the fact that Satoru and her family greeted her earilerㅡ after all, they're quite famous. If Yuju would be in their team, they'd be awknoledged by multiple heroes seeing as they noticed alot of people have their eyes on her, Midoriya and Todoroki.

The growing crowd was starting to irritate her, though it wasn't obvious to alot of people due to her neutral expression. Before one could attempt to grab her and take her by force, a tight grip on her tattoo-like covered wrist caused her to look up at that person with a scowl, annoyed that they were touching her so freely and without permissionㅡ only Mina and her family has that privilage.

"Yah!" She yelled, attempting to pry herself free from the ridiculously strong grip of this person. "Get your sweaty hands off of me!"

Bakugou only let go of her once they stood in front of Mina, Kirishima and Seroㅡ all three who were watching in amusement as the pinkette 'scolded' the blond while he merely kept his normal scowling face on. The three looks at Yuju before simultaneously turning to face each other, the same thought going through their heads.