30: Accepting Fate

_________________

_________________

The sound of running water echoed in the bathroom and through the hallways, drowning out the sound of scissors as strands of pink and black hair falls and clogs up the sink.

Barely anyone was awake, either that or they had left to go on assigned missions. The phone left on the side was open; displaying the lockscreen to show it was now fully charged, the wallpaper being a picture of a giant family, one girl in the middle in the black uniform of Jujutsu Tech before it dimmed and turned off.

The scissors were placed down on the counter, the hand still on the metal object with the pointer finger tapping, letting out a rhytmic sound mixed with the running water.

The hand left the scissors, moving under the running water with both hands  before pouring it over her head and soaking her hair. She scrubs her scalp with the tips of her fingers and nails, massaging it a bit before getting another handful of water and soaking her hair once more.

The tap was finally turned off, cutting off and stopping the running water and leaving the room to suffer in the deafening silence; droplets of water dripping down the sink and counter as dull brown eyes stare into the mirror in front of her.

Yuju stares at her reflection, more specifically at her hair that was now above her shoulders. She had mixed feelings about the length. "I look too much like her."

"Who?"

She slowly glances at the doorway. Yuji stood there a look of confusion with his head tilted and a glass filled with water in his hands.

They shared a few seconds of silent eye contact before Yuju looked away and went back to staring at herself in the mirror, the eyebags that she hid behind makeup now fully visible for anyone to see. She was beyond tired with her schedule; attend school in the morning, train after school and exorcise curses from midnight to early morning. Barely having any sleep was no good for anyone and that included her. At some point she started to take naps around lunch and recess in UA, concerning Mina, Kirishima and Aizawa since they were the ones who knew her struggles of juggling work, school and training in one day.

Yuji sighed when he realized she wasn't going to answer his question. He slumped his shoulders, the water in the glass in his hand slightly rippling from the movement. "C'mon. Let's get you to bed."

Yuju looks at him before looking at the sink, deciding to just clean it up in the morning. She was too exhausted.

She sighed, nodding in agreement to her brother. The moment she turned around and took a single step, her body suddenly went limp and collapsed in her brother's arms.

...

"Did you sleep, Midoriya?"

"...no, not really." The freckled boy answered.