22: Victorious Loss

< PART 2 >

< PART 2 >

____________________

Bakugou didn't know how to feel at that exact moment. Should he be happy that Yuju is using cursed energy in their match, showing that he was at least worthy enough to fight her with that strong power of hers? Or be terrified, knowing that a hit that Yuju puts little to no effort in would actually either send him to the ground with a broken spine or make him fly out of bound and give him immediate defeat?

After coming to UA, he was quickly slapped by something called a 'reality check' that he isn't as powerful as he may see himself as like in middle school and younger. There are many others that are way more powerful than him and people like Yuju and Todoroki are an example of that. Simply looking down on them would lead to his own downfall.

Fighting one of his classmates that has connections and is being trained by a hero is like an honour for him yet at the same time they are tall obstacles to his first place victory. If he manages to win against Yuju in their current match, then his fight with Todoroki would be an easy win. For now though, he had to focus on the girl across from him, her body covered in that familiar blue flame-like energy.

Nontheless, Bakugou ignored that hesitation lingering at the back of his mind and grinned, showing off his canines as he stares at the stoicㅡ a bit irritatedㅡ Yuju.

He didn't take a second more to run straight for the girl, one hand out and ready to activate his quirk.

Yuju simply stayed in place as her eyes stays glued to Bakugou's figure coming closer by the second. She knew better than to judge him for making the first move, Bakugou was smart and he wouldn't be running straight at her without a plan.

Just when the blond was merely a couple feet away from her, Bakugou faces the palms of his hands to the concrete ground before detonating an explosion, something that boosted him up the air. When he was right above Yuju, he moves one hand behind him and activated his quirk once again to speed his fall whilst the other was outstretched in front of him, ready to grab Yuju and throw her out of bounds.

Unfortunately for him, Yuju was quick to get out of the way, having slid before skidding to a stop a couple feet away from where she earlier stood, that spot now with a crater in it with Bakugou in the center, one knee and palm to the ground, glancing at her slightly bent over form and hair nearly falling off of it's bun.

He clicked his tongue. 'As expected.' He thought as he stands up and glares at Yuju. 'She's fast and has good dodging skills.'

Just with her agility alone, Yuju would be hard to catch. For Bakugou, it was like playing cat and mouse. Their match won't progress if neither of them get close to the other and land a solid hit.

Neither of the two tried moving close and because of this, they went back to circling each other.

The spectators were up on their toes, wondering whatㅡ or even when something would happen. Their bodies were filled with adrenaline, making their heart beat faster and body to run cold; they were silently begging for action, and neither Bakugou nor Yuju were giving them that at the moment.