1 ~ Good News, Bad News

Start bij het begin

"Keep laughing," Dylan says in his deep voice and the class immediately shuts up. They're scared of both of us. We have a well-known reputation I'd say.

"Alright we are going to continue," Mr. Davis determines, turning back to the board. I lean my head back against Dylan's arms and tilt my head up so I'm looking at him. He winks and I stick my tongue out at him. 

"Yeah whatever, you want me," Dylan whispers deeply. I stick my finger pointing to the back of my throat and imitate a gag. We both laugh, earning another detention from Mr. Davis. That'll make the 12th this month and it's only the 7th.

•••

"I can't, I have detention," I tell Carmen.

"Are you serious. Dad is going to murder you! He's still trying to get those charges off your record," Carmen reminds.

"He'll live. If I don't want to get suspended I have to go. I already missed like 9 detentions. Look I'll be back before training is over, don't worry," I say thinking of a plan.

"Fine! I'm covering for you only for ten minutes," Carmen offers. I use my puppy dog eyes to plead with her. "30 and that's it," she scolds.

I hug her, kiss her cheek and whisper a thank you before walking off.

"It's always the oldest one babysitting the younger sister!" Carmen shouts. I hold up my middle finger not bothering to turn back.

"You're older by 77 seconds!" I remind her. I continue walking down the halls till I find one of my least favourite rooms. The detention room.

I walk in to see Dylan and Zach sitting in the back. I walk over to them and throw my backpack under the desk. I hop on their table and sit leaving my legs dangling in the open space between them.

"I need a ride," I pout, pushing my bottom lip out. I bar my eyelashes between Zach and Dylan waiting for someone to take up my favour.

"Fine. One hour I need sleep," Zach says, pulling down his shades. I take them off his eyes and place them on top of my head.

"Five minutes give or take," I correct.

"We're in detention," Dylan reminds me. 

"Yeah and when that teacher leaves," I look back at Mrs. Adams and flash her a smile. She smiles back and I turn back to the boys dropping my smile. "That window is going to be my best friend," I explain.

We wait a few minutes before Mrs. Adams finally leaves and closes the door. I grab my bag and throw it out of the window. Zach gets out first and then I'm next. When my feet drop to the ground I look back up at Dylan.

"See you tomorrow," he says and I laugh.

"Bye Dyl," I blow him a kiss before running to the parking lot with Zach. We reach his motorcycle and he tosses me a helmet. I place it over my head and hop on behind Zach.

My hair is still a dark brown, almost black with dark wine red highlights. I'm thinking about changing it up again. Fresh start you know.

I wrap my arms around Zach's waist as he starts up the motorcycle.

•••