Camlann

The lines were drawn. Edith and Morgouse rode side by side, facing the path ahead of them. They were surrounded by rock walls on each side. Little did Arthur know the he chose to take a stand in the place that he was destined to die. Edith smirked to herself, already relishing in her victory.

"The time is almost upon us," Morgouse commented.

Edith has to suppress a look of annoyance at Morgouse's assumption that she was in charge. She always did think she was better.

"You are right. We already have a thousand men ready to outflank them from the back. Sadly, we have yet to see Emrys' arrival."

"Yes... you've done well. However, has it occurred to you that my sister is not here? Is it possible that she could've freed him?"

"Oh yes, it is possible. Probable in fact."

Morgouse couldn't contain the stunned look on her face.
"Then why did we go to all that trouble? Trapping Emrys in a nightmare? That was pointless!"

"Nothing is pointless my dear high priestess," Edith taunted.
"In time you will see. Besides, Camelot cannot compare with our numbers. Even with the help out the druids, we have them two to one."

"I hope you are right," Morgouse grumbled.
"I refuse to be beaten by a mortal king."

"I can assure you, you won't be," Edith smirked.

***

"Merlin! Morgana!"

Lancelot let a sigh of relief wash over him. The two magic users ran out of the cave to him. Lancelot had a look of confusion when he caught Merlin's eyes, seeing the change. The moment Merlin noticed Lancelot he faltered. He thought he saw the Lancelot from his visions, but he shook it off and moved on.

"Your eyes..."

"They're golden, or at least partially. I know."

"We don't have much time," Morgana panted, reaching Lancelot,
"The battle is about to begin. We already discovered a secret siege on Camelot and warned Arthur."

"You what- never mind I don't need to know. But how will we get there? I don't even know where we're going."

"I can get us there," Merlin said, albeit a bit distractedly.

He was stroking the horses, but he was looking at them differently. From time to time his head would shoot up and look at the trees surrounding him, his eyes glowing brighter.

"Merlin, you can't teleport us there. That will take too much energy. Besides, your powers are still settling," Morgana explained.

"The horses will take us," Merlin corrected, "but I will guide them. My magic can see the path ahead and guide the horses."

"Right..."

Morgana couldn't help but study Merlin. Like obviously something was different. His powers were just multiplied by ten! But there was something else. Something in the way his eyes twitched around and in how he would subconsciously shake his head a bit from time to time. Something made her think that the battle was only the tip of the ice burg.

"Well... then what are we waiting for? King Arthur isn't going to save himself," Lancelot said, bringing Morgana from her thoughts.

They all mounted the horses, Merlin and Morgana sharing one, and started off. Merlin was surprised at how easily he could call his magic to him. He could see the entire path from here to Camlann. Camlann? He knew that name... how did he miss it before?

"Merlin?" Lancelot questioned.

Merlin looked up to notice that the horses had stopped. It probably had something to do with his mind taking a complete freeze when he realized where they were going. It can't be... not Camlann. Why would Arthur plan the attack at Camlann?!

"Merlin?" Morgana questioned, seeing that he was staring off into space, his breathing beginning to quicken.
"Merlin what's wrong?"

He had seen the visions. Oh how easily he could call them to his mind now. He could see everything. In the last vision he had thought they were facing Morgana. Or was that a dream induced by the spell he was under earlier? He couldn't tell. Why couldn't he tell? As his mind slipped colors became more vivid around him. He could hear the breath of the horses and the beating of his heart and the crunch of leaves in the distance...

"Merlin!" Morgana grabbed him by the shoulders, forcing him to look at her. He seemed to almost jump off the horse he did. Then, after a moment things calmed. The noise began to quiet and his vision evened out. He guessed that was the downside to having extremely powerful magic. Everything was amplified, including his thoughts.

"We're going to Camlann," he whispered

"Camlann? That's where the battle is taking place?" Morgana herself bore a look of confusion and concern.

"Umm... what's up with Camlann?"

"It's the place of the final battle," Merlin answered.
"It means that Arthur could die. It means I failed..."

"Merlin! Snap out of it!" Lancelot exclaimed.
"You did not fail. You two changed destiny, remember? You did it once, you can do it again."

"Merlin, when was the last time of had a vision of this future?"

"It was... Umm..." Merlin searched his brain for an answer.
"It was before you left Camelot, the second time."

"And at that time I was destined to be a part of Camelot's undoing. Now I fight for Camelot. We can't focus on where we're going, we just need to focus on saving our friends."

"Yeah... yeah, of course. I'll have the horses get going then."

Just as he said, the horses starting trotting before moving into a gallop. As Merlin focused on seeing the path and directing the horses, Morgana and Lancelot chanced a worried glance at one another. Something definitely wasn't right.