Prologue

*knock knock*

"Come in!"

Morgana welcomes from inside her 'room.' It's really a cell but she has a small bed and a wardrobe. Since she's only in Camelot by her wishes, she's not quite a prisoner but she certainly isn't a free citizen. In fact, she would probably be killed if Uther ever discovered that she had been in Camelot. On the bright side, staying in Camelot had its perks. She got to leave the cells a few times for a walk in the woods, away from most people of course. She got three meals a day from the palace kitchens, a bed to sleep on, and clothes to wear. Most of all, she enjoyed the company; especially of one person in particular.

The door opened to reveal none other than Merlin. Her face lit up at the sight of him.

"Merlin!" She smiled, but he didn't return the gesture. His face was downcast and contemplating.
"What's wrong?"

He looked up and at her, and then made his way over to the bed to sit. After that he just stared at the wall in front of him, clearly distracted. She sat down next to him, her eyes still filled with concern.

"The King is dead," he said softly.

"What?"

Merlin gave a small nod in response.

"Wow."

That was all she could say; all she could find the words for. The reason for all of her hatred, the reason that she was still locked down in this cell was just- dead. Yet, he was also her father.

"Yeah," Merlin scoffed. "Wow."

The two magic users sat next to each other attempting to process this information. The man that killed their kind was gone, yet they couldn't celebrate. Merlin was still a citizen of Camelot and Morgana had too many memories to know what to think.

"How's Arthur?"

"He's managing. It's hard for him of course, but he knew it had to happen eventually. Arthur had to become king so that we could be free. He's in mourning, but he didn't really attempt to save Uther. He could've ordered me to, actually I even offered to try, but he refused. I guess he knew it was Uther's time."

"So... what now?"

"Arthur will be crowned king in two days. You will be allowed to live in Camelot soon after that. Then... I believe you and I will have some work to do."

"What do you mean?"

"He means to repeal the ban on magic. He's already said that he will want our help. I know nothing about this stuff. My primary job is cleaning chain mail, not uniting two completely different peoples. Eventually this means that my magic will be revealed, and I don't know how the kingdom will take that. I don't want everyone breathing down my neck waiting for me to make one wrong move."

Merlin sighed, putting his hands on the bed beside him to support him. He was shaking his head at the ground trying not to get overwhelmed with everything that is yet to happen. Morgana put her hand on his getting him to look her in the eyes.

"It'll be okay. You won't have to carry it on your own. Arthur will always be there looking out for you, the knights stand behind you no matter what, Gwen of course will be right behind you cheering you on, and you have me."

"What will you be doing?"

"I will be standing beside you, supporting you. You fought for me when no one else could, now I will fight for you."

She took his hand in both of hers. Merlin smiled at her as he placed his other hand on top of hers.

"Thank you. I just hope the fighting doesn't come to that."

They stole a moment, looking into each other's eyes. Merlin almost thought about kissing her, until he remembered that there was another reason for his visit. He clears his throat and scoots back a couple inches from Morgana, also reminding her of where she is.

"Umm, so I needed to ask you something."

"Yes?"

"Arthur, and well I, wanted to know if you would want to come to his coronation. Of course you would have to be disguised, but he would love to have you there."

"I'd love to."

"Great! I'll come and get you before the ceremony."

"I look forward to it."

***

"Will you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Camelot with justice and mercy?"

"I will."

"Then, by the power vested in me, I crown thee Arthur King of Camelot."

Arthur turned to face his people. In the front were all the knights of the round table and many nobles. Just behind them Merlin stood between Gaius and a woman with red hair and green eyes. Although she didn't look like it, Arthur knew her to be Morgana. Standing on the other side of Gaius was Guinevere. As he looked out over his people, he couldn't help but notice the pride and joy in their faces. This meant the time of a new age. For Merlin and Morgana, this meant freedom. For Guinevere, this meant their love could be. For Arthur, this meant the biggest responsibility he would ever face in his lifetime- becoming the Once and Future King.

"Long live the King!"

To all my lovely readers who were patiently waiting- sorry it took so long! Not gonna lie, I probably could've posted this a while ago. I just could not come up with a title or cover so... this what we got. Hope you all enjoy!

**By the way, the prologue took place about 6 months after the last story!**

Freedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें