Chapter 30

Ivena
^^^^^

"Hey Byron, what are you doing?" I asked curiously. He was glued to his computer.

I'm waiting for the email from Stanford." This was his dream college and we were all praying he got in.

"Oh, when are they supposed to send it?"

"Tomorrow, 12 am." He told me seriously and I couldn't help but to laugh.

"Byron, it's 10 in the morning. Get off your computer." I closed his laptop.

"I'm just really anxious." He sighed.

"Don't be. You're gonna get accepted." I spoke positively.

"Let's just talk about something else." He turned to look at me.

"Okay, what did you mean when you said that stuff about you're glad Jovan is finally dating somebody worth it?" I asked abruptly.

"Iva, you my sister but I'm not snitching on my brother." He laughed.

"Please, Byronnnn." I dragged. "I won't tell him what you said." I pleaded.

"Nope."

"Okay, go home." I pointed to my door.

"Fine. I don't know if he told you this but he used to sleep around with bitches all the time. He would date girls with no fucking common sense. Shit was annoying." He rolled his eyes. The only thing I caught was that he might've been a hoe.

I swear, if this nigga lied to me.

"Oh." Was all I said and I got up and went back t omy room.

Jovan keeps lying because he thinks it would be better if he lied but it really makes shit worse. My phone buzzed and I looked at the message from Jovan.

Baeee💗: Good morning beautiful

Me: morning

Baeee💗: I'm gonna pick u up at 10, ok?

Me: K

Baeee💗: why u being dry?

We were supposed to be going to the new club tonight and I was ecstatic for that.

I closed out the thread, not even bothering to answer it. He was on my nerves and I didn't have the time for it. How am I supposed to trust him when he keeps lying to me?

He makes dumb decisions and thinks I won't find out.

I can't move forward in our relationship if I'm being lied to. He's being deceitful and I told him I'm not gonna stand for that shit. So, whatever he needs to do to stop lying, he better get to it.

If he keeps that shit up, he's gonna be single real quick.

I tried to tell myself that before I confront him about lying to me, I should stay calm and not be mad. I was trying not to but it was hard.

-----

"Mommy, I like your hair like this." Mini swung her legs back and forth on my bed. I had my natural hair out in an afro and she was loving it.

Mini was helping me get ready to go to the club. She had picked out my outfit and I was impressed.

 She had picked out my outfit and I was impressed