Chapter 29

Ivena
^^^^^

"Happy Birthday!" We all yelled as Byron walked through the door. The biggest smile appears on his face as Mini ran up to him and hugged him.

I watched as he hugged everyone and then made his way over to me.

"Happy birthday, bro." I hugged him.

"Thank you, sis." He was still smiling big.

We threw a small party for him. It was Vie, Delia, Shania, Jovan, and Amina. Byron said he didn't want anything much so we thought this was the least we could do.

We were all starting to feel closer and like one family. I  loved the feeling. I wanted to feel this way forever. Everybody was used to each other and comfortable.

Jovan and I's relationship was going great. Everything was going smoothly and we were in a good place. We have been spending a lot of time together and he was so good with Amina.

He had encouraged me to let loose and be less uptight all the time. He made everything easier in my life and I couldn't be more grateful. I wasn't sure why he came into my life but I'm glad he did.

He was someone I didn't know I needed.

He told me he loves me and I feel the same way. I'm just scared to say it. I wanted to make sure I'm really meant it and it wouldn't be a mistake.

I watched as Byron and Shania talked to each other and laughed on the couch.

"You think they like each other?" Jovan popped up behind me.

"Nah, they definitely don't like each other. They look like just friends." I said as I watched them. Something about the way they acted around each other, told me they had no romantic feelings for each other.

"Hm, I don't know." He shrugged as he watched them too. "Can I stay here tonight?" He went on to ask me.

"Of course, you're always welcome here." I wrapped my arms around his neck and he kissed me.

Everybody separated into their own conversations as we ate our food. Once majority of everyone finished their food, I brought out the cake out with lit candles and we all started singing Happy Birthday.

"Happy Birthday to you!" We sang and he blew out his candles. He looked really happy and I was so happy for him. For all he has been through for the last few months, I'm glad he had a great birthday.

Vie came over to me with a wide smile.

"I think you did good with Jovan." She stood next to me, leaning on the counter.

"You think?" I laughed.

"I mean, I'm just giving you permission to be with him." She shrugged and I shook my head.

"Vie, I'm grown. I do what I want. But thank you for your blessing."I nudged her shoulder. She always thought she needed to protect me.

"Byron and Jovan are people I never knew I needed in my life." I smiled just thinking about them.

"Right. At first, Byron was piece of work. But, he really is great kid." She spoke, watching him play with Mini. "Let me ask you something." She shifted her body to me.

"Yeah?"

"Y'all had sex yet?" She whispered with a serious face.

"Vie." I laughed and shook my head.

"What? I'm serious."

"No we haven't. I'm not really ready yet. We still have a lot to talk about. We need to build our relationship more." I rambled, making excuses. We were in a good place he was everything I needed him to be. I was just scared to share my body with him.