Chapter 20

Delia in the MM.

Vieala
^^^^^^

I dressed in a thin strapped, silk, white shirt and high wasted blue jeans. I slicked my hair into a high puff and put on a white belt with gold metal in the middle.

I was really nervous about today. I had to come out to my family and tell them Delia was my girlfriend. I wasn't sure how they'd react and I didn't want to find out.

I knew this was important to Delia so I was going to do it. She shouldn't have to live her relationship in private because I'm too scared to come out.

It's been more than a year and it was time. I couldn't keep this secret forever. I didn't expect much to change but I wasn't sure about anything at the moment.

I walked out my room to see Iva and Mini dressed and at the door.

Iva was wearing a white sun dress and sandals. My niece was wearing blue dress and white flip flops and her hair was in two puffs.

We all looked beautiful.

"You ready?" Iva asked me and I nodded, not able to get my words out. "You good?'' she asked me and I nodded again.

We left and drove to Mama's house. I had sent Delia the address so she could meet us there. I had already asked Mama for permission so she didn't feel like I was being disrespectful.

I was praying the whole to way to my mom's house. I just hoped everything would go smoothly.

It seemed like 5 minutes went by as Iva pulled up to Mama's house. I let a deep breath that I didn't know I was holding in.

"For real Vie, what's up?" Iva caught on to my nervousness.

"Um, I just have to talk to everyone about something." I rubbed my hands on my jeans. She nodded and we all got out the car.

"Damn, Jovan is already here." Iva looked at his car that was parked in the driveway. I couldn't even say shit. I had to calm my nerves down.

We walked into Mama's house and Jovan, Byron, and Mama were all talking. I could see this being a normal thing.

"Hey babe." Jovan kissed Iva on the cheek.  "Hey Mama." Iva hugged our mother.

"Hey babes." She hugged her back. "Vie, you can't speak anymore?" Mama put her hands on her hips.

"Hey Mama." I smacked my lips and hugged her.

"Nah, it's alright." She joked.

"Apparently, Vie has something to tell us." Iva smirked and I rolled my eyes. She was running her mouth and I didn't like that. She was making me more nervous.

"We're waiting for Delia, right?" Mama asked and I nodded.

My mom prepared ham and turkey sandwiches, chips, carrots, and celery. It was supposed to be Sunday Dinner but it was really like Sunday Lunch.

I looked at Byron who was wearing jeans and a black shirt. Jovan was wearing a maroon collared shirt and black jeans.

I could only focus on what people were wearing to keep my mind off of being nervous. Everyone went outside to the big table in the yard.

I stood inside, watching everyone take their seats at the table. This was all too much. My stomach was turning and I could feel the tears coming.

What if they didn't love me anymore?

I fast paced to down the hall and I cried. This was not the time to be crying but I was panicking. I started hyperventilating and Jovan came around the corner.

"Hey, you okay?" He held my shoulders and I shook my head. "What's wrong?" He hugged me.

"I can't do this. This is too much." I continued to cry as my heart beated fast.

"What's too much? Vie, it's okay."

"No it's not. It's not. I'm- I'm a lesbian." I lowered my head.

"Vie, no one gives a fuck." Damn. "Your family loves you, regardless. No one is gonna care, okay? Stop crying you're messing up your makeup." He patted my face and I laughed.

"Mm, you're not that bad of a person." I wiped my tears and he chuckled.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"What I just said." I rolled my eyes and we went back to the kitchen. As if on cue, Delia swung open the door.

"Hey, babe!" She smiled big and I kissed her. She was wearing a striped short sleeve shirt and jeans shorts. 

"We're all gonna eat outside." I smiled, feeling better. I held her hand as we walked outside and sat next to each other at the table.  Everyone stared at us as we sat down and I figured this was the moment to say the shit I had to say.

"Um, I guess you guys can figure out what I'm about to say based off recent events. But, um, I'm- I happen to be gay and Delia is my girlfriend. Uh, we been together for about 1 year and 3 months.'' I said everything really fast.

"Girl, we been knew. We was waiting for you to finally grow some balls and say something." Mama kissed her teeth.

So, I was stressing myself out over nothing? Cool.

"Wait, y'all knew?'' I asked, highly confused.

"Hell yeah." Iva chimed in.

"What does gay mean?" Mini asked and we all laughed.

"When you like the same gender, babe." Iva rubbed Mini's head.

"Like if I like girls?" She asked and Iva nodded.

"Mommy, I'm gay." She shrugged and we all started cracking up.

"Okay, baby." She said and Amina went back on her iPad.

We all talked and Byron was cracking jokes as usual. Delia fit right in and I was happy about that. Everything was good. I worried all day about coming out and they asses already knew.

I'm glad they didn't care, though. I probably had a whole head of grey hair because I was stressing so much.

I didn't have to spend my relationship in secret anymore.