Chapter 90: New Powers and Newspapers

Start from the beginning

"So, let me get this right

"So, let me get this right. You want me the throw fire balls at Elsa while she tries to apparate away from them," Danny said, not quite believing what Loki was asking him to do.

"Don't be silly Daniel. You can't apparate inside Hogwarts grounds," Loki sighed, making Danny visibly relax. "I want you to throw fire balls at your cousins while she teleports away from them."

"But that's the same thing!" Danny yelled at him.

"Just do it Danny. I'm the one who should be worried, not you," I laughed.

"This is what I want you to do, Elsa. Focus on the spot you want to appear in, then actually picture yourself in the that spot while willing it. But don't make it obvious to Daniel, you want to ensure that when you are in a battle that you don't give away you position to the enemy," Loki told me before speaking to Danny again. "And Daniel, please try not to set my room on fire...again."

"Oh, come on! That was only the one time!" Danny yelled as he threw his hands in the air and walked to the other side of the room.

"Begin when you feel ready, Daniel," Loki told him as he sat behind his desk and put his feet up on the desk.

While Danny was getting ready to throw fire at me, I focused on a spot behind him and started to picture myself standing on it. As soon as I Danny threw fire at me, I closed my eyes and hoped to God that it was going to work otherwise I was going to have to explain how I got burnt to everyone. But it turned out that I didn't need to worry because suddenly a felt a cool breeze wash over me and the next thing I knew I was standing behind Danny.

"I did it!" I cheered as I bounced on the spot.

"Well done, Elsa," Loki said with pride in his voice. "Now, try again."

As we continued to practice, I began to be able to move around the room more easily soon enough I could appear on the spot I wanted to without even having to think about it. That was until I heard it again. That voice. The one that I heard that morning that I ran in to Viktor. But this time there was something almost...familiar about it. I was starting to think it wasn't the Nornir because they would grow board of the little game when I refused to give into them. And the voice sounded like home, in strange way. But as I was distracted by the voice, I missed one of the fire balls that Danny threw at me and it hit me on my shoulder.

"Oh, shit! Elsa, I am so sorry!" Danny said as he ran over to me.

"It's okay, Danny. It's not your fault. I wasn't concentrating," I told him, feeling bad that he was so upset.

"I think that is enough for tonight," Loki said as he walked over to us and placed his hand over the burn on my shoulder, healing it in a second. "Daniel, why don't you head down to dinner. I want to speak to Elsa for a moment and make sure that she isn't pushing herself to far with everything that she has committed herself to this year."