I Don't Want This Night To End

Start from the beginning

"No, I'd never abuse you, I don't have that in me but I hurt you in anger once already, regardless that it was an accident," Bucky says.

"I forgave you for that," Lizzie says.

"I know and I'm so happy you did but that doesn't mean I'll ever forgive myself. I can never forget the devastation on your face when I confronted you in your room. You were terrified of me," Bucky says.

Lizzie doesn't know how to respond because back then, while the rational part of her knew Bucky did it on accident, the irrational part was scared of him.

"Well how about I promise to tell you if you are worrying me. I know that you would immediately stop whatever you were doing if you thought you were hurting me. I honestly don't ever think it will be a problem again but I'll promise you that," Lizzie says.

It doesn't completely expunge his fear but it helped to share with her.

"Thank you, Ellie," Bucky says.

"You're a good man Bucky Barnes. One of the best men I've ever met," Lizzie says.

He loves her, simple as that. He always wondered when he was younger why people fall in love when it ends in pain more often than not. It was because of moments like these. 

"I love you, Elizabeth," he says.

She can hear the deep emotion in his voice.

"I love you, James. More than I could comprehend. You told me that I deserve a book worthy romance and I have that with you. Now that we're together, I can't remember why I fought you so hard," Lizzie admits.

He looks at her and takes in her features. Her blue eyes look so dark in this lighting. The light always changes the color. He's seen her eyes as light as the sky and as dark as the ocean at night. They always fascinated him.

Her eyebrows were pale and thin but they always were so expressive. He could always tell her emotions from a lift of her eyebrow or the little crinkle that forms between them when she's stressed.

Her lips were always entrancing to him. He had thought about her lips a million times but the first time he kissed her, he couldn't imagine that a pair of lips could be that amazing. He couldn't help but let his eyes drop to stare at her mouth.

"I don't want this night to end but I really want to kiss you," Bucky admits it.

"I'll allow it," Lizzie whispers in a quiet voice.

He kisses her and it's unlike any of the kisses they had shared before. It was like a mix of their first kiss, passionate and greedy, and the softness and love of the kisses that came after.

He kept one hand on her back while the other wrapped around the side of her neck with his thumb stroking her jaw line.

Lizzie's hands rest on his chest but as the kiss continues, her hands move up his chest and shoulders to rest in the hair at the nape of his neck, pulling his head closer to her.

He doesn't know who initiates it but they end up laying across the bench seat of the car with him resting on top of Lizzie. One of her hand is still pulling on his hair while the other roams up and down his back. He uses one of his arms to hold most of his weight off of Lizzie while the other grips her hip.

They don't know how far the kiss would've progressed if Bucky's foot didn't accidentally kick the car horn but the sound breaks them out of the spell they were under.

"We should probably stop," Bucky says.

Even though he knows that they have to stop, he's having trouble removing himself from against her body.

"I don't really want to," Lizzie says.

"Me either, but we shouldn't do anything we'd regret in the heat of the moment," Bucky explains.

Bucky gets off of her and they manage to get back into a sitting position.

"You'd regret it?" Lizzie asks.

"Never, I'd never regret anything I do with you but I may regret it being in my dad's car on our first date," Bucky admits.

Now that things have cooled down a little, Lizzie realizes that Bucky was right in stopping it. He may have done this kind of stuff before but she hasn't. All her and Riley ever did was kiss.

Like Bucky, she can't say that she'd regret him but she may regret the location and timing. She knew she wasn't ready for anything besides kissing but she got caught up in the moment like him.

"You're right, we needed to stop. Doesn't mean what we were doing wasn't fun," Lizzie says.

Oh, she was going to test his resolve. Now that she was his, she was all the more irresistible.

"It was really really fun and as much as I'd like to continue, I should probably take you home. I don't want to worry Steve," Bucky says.

Bucky hopes that mentioning Steve will cool them both down and it does.

They notice that between the talking and kissing, they had managed to fog up all of the windows in the car. They use Bucky's jacket to wipe off the steamed windows so he can drive.

Bucky pulls up to the Rogers' house just before 10 o'clock. They both get out so Bucky can walk her to the door. Luckily, it had stopped raining so they don't have to run to the front door.

When they reach the porch, the pair turn to face each other and Bucky pulls her into an embrace.

"I don't want this night to end," Bucky admits.

"You could always stay for a little," Lizzie says.

As much as he would love to continue the night with her, he knows they both need time to digest the events of the night.

"I've failed a bit at the traditional first date tonight. The proper thing to do is return you to your house at a decent hour and avoid running into any protective brothers," Bucky says jokingly.

"Well the least you can do is give me a kiss goodnight," Lizzie responds.

The kiss is soft and slow and intimate. Things begin to heat up again but they are interrupted by the porch light flicking on and off.

"I think my brother waited up for me," Lizzie whispers against Bucky's lips.

"He can wait a little longer," Bucky responds before kissing her again.