Chapter 1

"Lauren i missed you so much." I said walking to school with her. I found out she was alive on Saturday and now it was Monday. "I know." She teased. "So humble." I said sarcastically. "You know you love me." She joked shoving me. "Maybe." I laughed. We arrived at the school. Lauren looked up "So this is the school." She said. "Yup." I responded. I knew how intense this school looks at first it's super scary. "You'll be fine it's not all that bad. You haven't gotten the chance to meet the girls yet." I said. "Besides the craziness of Saturday but i don't count that." I commented. She laughed. "Just stay away from Rachel she's the annoying popular girl." I said. She laughed and we walked to the front office.

"Hi, i'm Lauren Mcary. I need my schedule." Lauren said to the woman. "One second." Said the woman. She typed at her computer and the printer spat out Lauren's schedule. The woman handed it to Lauren and Lauren and i looked over it. "All classes but the first three! My three electives and my language!" She exclaimed. She was in acoustic guitar (yes that's a class at this school, there's a class for everything at this school), art, health, and Spanish while i was in Theater, Choir, Avid, and French. "Dad said he would try." I said. "I didn't think Ryan would actually be able to do it!" She said. "Perks to being rich." I said grinning. Lauren called dad Ryan because she didn't yet feel comfortable calling him dad which was understandable it took me a few days. I know it'll take her a lot longer though.

We walked to our lockers which were side by side and got our books. "Well see ya later." I said "Bye!" Lauren said.

Lauren's POV:

"Well see ya later." Dani said. "Bye." I told her and she left. I took in a deep breath and turned around. I walked to acoustic guitar nervously and was met with two girls and a man that was the teacher. "Hello you must be Lauren." The teacher said. "Yup!" I replied faking confidence. You know what they say fake it till you make it. My old Choir teacher used to tell the class that. "So how experienced are you?" Mr.Palmer asked. "My sister began teaching me when we were twelve but only for a few months then i had someone help me again when i was fourteen." I stated. He nodded and handed me a guitar "Why don't you show me." He said. I nodded and began to play. When iv was done he gaped at me. "That was great!" He said. "Thanks." I said smiling. Then i played a few songs with the other girls and soon finished that class.

The rest of the classes were good. The teachers were all really nice. I was sitting in third period watching the clock. One more minute until lunch. Finally the bell rang and i grabbed my things and made my way to the cafeteria.

"Lauren!" I heard someone call. I turned and saw a girl that was in Dani's band. I walked over and sat down next to her. "Hey!" I said. "Hey Dani should be here any second now." She said. I smiled "Great. What was your name again?" I asked. "Becca." She said. Then another girl came over and sat down. "Oh hey Becca two." I said waving. The girl laughed "Lizzie." She said. "Hey Lizzzzzzie." I said dragging out the z. "You high?" Dani asked sitting down next to me. "Haha very funny." I said sarcastically. Then two other girls came over. "Heyo!" One of them said. Then a tall guy came over and sat next to the girl that said 'Heyo' "Introductions?" I asked.

Dani began pointing to each person as she spoke. "The twins Becca and Lizzie, Colleen, Lindsey, and Jackson." She stated. "Hey!" I said. "Hey." They all responded. "So Lauren any musical talents?" Lindsey asked popping a grape in her mouth. "I play acoustic guitar." I stated. "You should be in our band!" Becca said. "Oh i don't know." I said poking at my spaghetti with my fork. "Come on Laur Laur it would be fun!" Dani exclaimed. i groaned "Danniii, not that nickname." I whined. She laughed and poked my face "Whatever you say sparkle face!" I slapped her hand away. "Laur Laur and sparkle face?" Colleen asked raising an eyebrow. I groaned again. "Dani likes to come up with weird nicknames. She's always called me Laur Laur but only just started calling me sparkle face." I said. "Whatever just be in the band." Dani said. "Fine." I said. "Wow, my stubborn sister just said fine!" Dani faked astonishment. I rolled my eyes "It would be fun." I stated. "Yay!" all but two people cheered.

I looked over at Lindsey and Jackson quietly whispering to each other. I rolled my eyes and looked over at Becca and Lizzie making a gagging face with my finger in my mouth. They both laughed and Lindsey looked over and saw me. She rolled her eyes and flipped me off. "Lindsey!" Lizzie warned. She laughed "Sorry not sorry." She said. She then turned and kissed Jackson and i made a gagging noise. They pulled apart "Cut it out." She laughed. I rolled my eyes and began talking to the rest of the girls.

The next day after school Dani had a choir rehearsal so i wondered around New York City. I then tripped on some concrete and a guy caught my arm, i looked up and saw a guy with shaggy brown hair and a nice jaw line. "Dani?" He asked as we stood up. "No i'm Lauren Mcary. Dani's long lost sister." I said smiling. "Chase." He said. "You wanna go get a coffee?" He asked. I nodded "Sure." I had a huge crush on him.

Authors Note: Chapter 1 is out!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!! Dedicated to Becca because i pretty much stole the long lost sister idea from her (i asked her first) and yes Becca in the book is based off of her! Love you Becca! love you readers!!!!!!!! Comment, vote, save a unicorn!