Poking her needles on the victim hand, she then take a look on the needles to check whether there is any poison involved.

The needles remain silver. If there is any poison, it would have change colour to show the react but nothing happen.

"Let's move on to the next victim." She sigh feeling dejected. She might not be able to help Li Zhao.

The next victim is a lady. The same thing happen to her. Taking out a new needles, she poke into the lady hand. And same result.

However, Xu Ling Ai then notice a blood that looks a bit black on the lady's robes. The ladies body got more bruises than the previous man.

"She tried to fight the killer. That means this blood belong to the real killer!" Xu Ling Ai whispered to herself.

The blood had already dried but Xu Ling Ai still try to test her needles on the blood. Unexpectedly, it react strongly. 

"Even a poisoned blood won't react to acupuncture needles when it had already dried." She smell the blood and it really gave away a very stink venomous smells.

"This means the killer is being poisoned. Moreover, the poison was too strong that it still react!" Xu Ling Ai exclaimed. She finally got something.

She was too stunned by the new discoveries that she stood there unmoved. Suddenly a familiar voice shocked her.

"It's Wu Xi! Shit!" Xu Ling Ai started to panick that she ran to the back of the room.

The only way up is through the window. She open it and jump out of it. Fortunately, it was not too high or she will break her leg.

"Who is it?!" Wu Xi's sudden yell startled her that she ran aimlessly.

Wu Xi started to look for her and Xu Ling Ai panicking running to save her life. If Li Zhao found out, he will hate her even more.

Running into a dead end alley, she surrender to her fate. A hand suddenly pulled her hand shocked her that is about to scream.

"Shh!" A familiar face silence her. It was Chanyu.

She cupped her own mouth to hide any noise coming out. Chanyu drag her to a small abandoned house.

Xu Ling Ai saw Wu Xi run passed by the house and she let out a huge relief breath. She then remember about her saviour.

"Wait! How do you know me?" She asked him curiously. She really thought her disguise were a huge success.

"One look I could tell it was you. There's no man who are petite, small and pretty like you." Chanyu accidentally said that she is pretty.

"Thank you for you compliment but how do you know I'm here?" Xu Ling Ai suspiciously question him.

"I saw you running from someone so I decided to help." Chanyu make up an answer. He has been following her since she came out of the manor.

"Why are you running from him? Did you do illegal things?" Chanyu quickly change the topic to her.

"No! Are you crazy? I would never want to stay in a freaking jail." She defend herself energetically.

"What are you doing in Luoyang? You found a job?"

"No. Actually I got an invitation to attend the Latern Festival for tonight." He really got an invitation to attend the festival but that's not the real reason why he is in Luoyang.

"Ohh." She nodded understanding him.

'Festival? Li Zhi Ming?!' Her eyes went wide when she remember about Li Zhi Ming invitation.

"Chanyu I need to go back now. Thank you again for saving me! And enjoy your stay in Luoyang." Xu Ling Ai take off her fake moustache and paste it on Chanyu.

"It's a gift. Bye!"

Chanyu stood there chuckle at her. She got different kind of personality. She is sometimes funny but savage.

P.S.
Have a nice day everyone!

VOTE and COMMENT if you like this chapter!

Thanks! 💖 - R