chapter vi - party

a few hours later, my alarm rings. i groan, wanting to go back to sleep. but i know if i don't get up now, mason and mila will.

once i'm ready the kids wake up on cue and i do our usual routine we've developed.

we head to breakfast then the clinic, the lady from yesterday meets us there.

"hi, i'm isobel," she says shaking my hand.

"i'm y/n, this is mason and mila. it's nice to meet you."

"likewise. those are beautiful names, how about i take her for you?"

"sure, thank you," i say handing mila to her. mila stays calm, surprisingly. after isobel and mason get to know each other for a bit, i decide to let her take them.

"mason naps at one and mila has a feeding at twelve. i should be back for her next one but if not, she's fed at four. thank you."

"of course, my dear. don't worry, they'll be fine."

i smile at her then say my goodbyes. they head out the door and i get back to work.

negan sticks his head through the door, "hey, where are the kids?"

"with isobel," i say shortly as i bandage a guy's knee, "take it easy and don't put pressure on it. you'll be fine."

he nods his head then leaves, not before kneeling to negan. carson does the same as he comes through the door.

he cocks his head to the side, as if asking me to do the same.

i mock him, cocking my head to the side, "what?"

"kneel, doll. it's a sign of respect."

"well, i don't respect you," i sigh, "and let's be honest. they don't respect you, they fear you. those are not the same thing."

"stop being ungrateful and kneel. now."

"oh blow me," i say turning back around.

he chuckles, "wise choice of words."

i turn back to him, rolling my eyes, "horny bastard, i'm not kneeling. kick us out, i'll gladly go back to alexandria."

his smile grows, "now, who said i'd kick you out?"

"no one. it's a given considering how unfair your punishments are."

"just do it y/n," carson whisper yells.

"we are having a conversation here, carson. now, where were we? oh, you're giant lady nuts. kneel, now. or i'll take those precious little kids of yours away. i'll raise 'em. hell, we'd be like batman and robin."

"shut up, i'm doing it," i say kneeling.

his fingers slide under my chin, tilting my head up to look up at him.

"baby girl, you are so stubborn," he pushes a stray hair behind my ear, "next time we meet like this, i'd like it to be a lot more pleasurable, wouldn't you?"

even though i found that to be one of the hottest things i've ever seen or heard, i keep my cocky attitude and reply, "in your dreams, asshole."

he smiles spreads even further. "god, you are so hard to please - not that i'm complaining. i like a girl that takes a while to come around." he drops his hand from my chin after caressing it again and leaves the room.

carson is looking at me oddly as i sit there, still on my knees, incredibly - and oddly - turned on.

i snap back and my face turns red from what just happened. i stand and compose myself before facing carson.